Prediction: Ciryl Gane will DESTROY Jon Jones

Jones finally going to take his medicine for all the crimes he’s committed against humanity. I’d love to know the odds on this fight. Anybody know yet?

3 Likes

Gane beats Jones.

Jon will be rusty from the layoff from the non-disclosed PED suspension, but he’ll still be enhanced because he’s given a pico-pulsing pass.

Makes you wonder just much gear he was on to get suspended again, though.

4 Likes

Gane is a -130 to -175 favorite last I saw.

Just checked bovada. Close to even odds

If I can Get plus money on Gane I’ll be throwing down half my account

I think Ciryl takes it. We have no idea what Jon will look like, what his stamina at heavyweight will be like. Ciryl is improving exponentually between fights. No doubt he has been drilling wrestling since the Francis fight.

6 Likes

Show me a fight where Jones gave up that much EVER so we can do an apples to apples comparison. I’ll wait.

Gane approached the Francis fight to not get his head knocked off. Jones didn’t pose that threat at 205. No way he poses it at HW.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s a long time in MMA. Not to mention Jones arguable lost his last 2. Reyes definitely won that fight, I was next to the biggest Jones nut hugger/troll I know and even he couldn’t believe the decision. A moment of honest from the most dedicated troll I’ve ever encountered

1 Like

Yeah, lifting and added size will not give a guy power if he didn’t have it before. Regarding wrestling, I’m not sure a guy who is approaching 36 is gonna be able to tap back into that base. Interesting fight.

1 Like

Yup :100:

I’m not a troll in that I don’t necessarily believe what I say, I just have a writing style that is very provocative and undiplomatic. This forum wouldn’t be fun for me if I wrote normally.

Gave up what?

1 Like

This. If Francis can wrestle-fuck Gane with ease, what in the world would make anyone think Jon has any trouble at all?

3 Likes

The guys we’re talking about Jones fighting at LHW were light years more well-rounded than Gane. Francis out-grappled him easily.

3 Likes

Jones had an advantage over most LHW fighters with his range. The one big exception was Gus, and that was arguably his most difficult fight.

Against a HW like Gane, Jones won’t have a range or power advantage. If Jones is going to go for the fingers out pawing (eye pokes) and oblique knee kicks, he will be in range to get hit back.

Suspect Jones will try to play a clinch game where he can throw elbows. He’ll try to go for trips as well.

2 Likes

Francis probably had 20-30 pounds on Ciryl. Jon isn’t coming in over 260 lbs

This is exactly why JJ moved to heavyweight. Lots of ppl will tune in to see how JJ performs.!

If Jones doesn’t wrestle, he’s toast. He might struggle even if he does wrestle. Gane is an elite athlete who will have improved by leaps and bounds in that department since the Francis fight.

1 Like

lol at going against Jones and hm having no ko power?

Francis was like 280lbs on fight night. He is also strong as hell. Look hoenhe pancaked Stipe on the outside single and took his back.

4 Likes