Pride 30 Rumors

PRIDE 30 RUMORS - OCTOBER 23RD

• Ken Shamrock vs Sakuraba --potentially entertaining!

• Quentin Jackson vs Hirotaka Yokoi--who is Yokoi?

• Vanderlei Silva vs. Ricardo Arona--should be good!

• Fabricio Werdum vs. Sergei Kharitonov--should be war!

• Mirko Cro Cop vs. Josh Barnett--can't wait!!!

• Murilo Ninja vs Murad Chunkaiev--who is murad?

• Sentoryu vs Zulu--why does anyone want to see senturyu or zulu fight anyone?

• Takimoto Makoto vs Yoon Dong Sik--Saku KO'd Dong in 3 seconds, who's the other guy?

Vanderlei Silva vs. Ricardo Arona is the most interesting fight on this card.

"Ken Shamrock vs Sakuraba --potentially entertaining!"...After the Franklin fight debacle I bet this fight is more "entertainment" than anything else.

Silva/Arona is not happening in October.

the guy w/ the tape on his back?

re: sak and shammy being a work. do you honestly thing sak ever had a work in Pride or Shammy in the UFC?

This is not a card i will be ordering. I hate when they have Sentoryu V anyone but especially when it's son of Zulu. And people talk shit about UFC cards.

The Barnett Cro and Sak Shamrock are the only fights I find remotely interesting. Is it at least live this time (by live i mena 24 hour delay instead of week long delay).

I've read that kdiddy is a Zuffa nutrider.

Werdum vs Sergei is good, but why is everyone so pumped about werdum?

I bet Pe De Pano would beat Werdum, much better grappler, better reach, weighs more, etc.

Sergei will destroy werdum through sprawl and brawl. This is almost guaranteed unless some fluke happens. I do not think this fight is competative.

I'm looking forward to seeing Werdum vs. Sergei to see Sergei beat someone senseless. I think he's the legit top 3 HW and a good opponent for Fedor.

"Keep in mind Jackson beat the UFC champ."

Keep in mind Jackson has been moving in slow-mo without the slams of yore ever since he got the jeebus calling (aka bell rung by Silva).

Kharitonov's takedown defense didn't seem very good when he fought Nogueira. I think Werdum probably has better takedowns than Nog (most guys do).

Kharitonov is no chump on the ground and I don't know why most people forget that the best young fighters in the sport evolve constantly and learn from their losses coming back with that hole in their game filled.

werdum would beat pe de pano, better standup and better in mma

My main reason for not ordering is not a UFC/Pride thing, first of all it's on a Monday (wtf?). Then it is a lackluster card IMO. I usually like the UFC much better but that Bushido was sick. This card pales in comparison to that (what doesn't though). My money is a little tighter than it used to be and I would rather save the money.

Zuluzinho is the reason I want to see that Pride.

anyone know why arona x silva was cancelled and what, if any, fight is set to replace it?

nice card

Vanderlei Silva vs. Ricardo Arona
Fabricio Werdum vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Josh Barnett

good matches and of course I want to see son of zulu!!!!!!!!!!!

"I bet Pe De Pano would beat Werdum, much better grappler, better reach, weighs more, etc."

much better grappler - they both have pretty decent grappling CVs so is debatable at this point in time

better reach - they are both similar heights, have you measured them yourself?

weighs more - less than 5kgs difference these days and its not exactly hard muscle either..

PDP has had one MMA fight as well, Werdum has more experience at MMA.

updated to include the James Thompson fight...

PRIDE 30
October 23rd, 2005
Saitama Super Arena
Saitama, Japan

Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic vs. Josh Barnett

Fabricio Werdum vs. Sergei Kharitonov

Ken Shamrock vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

Murilo 'Ninja' Rua vs. Murad Chunkaiev

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Hirotaka Yokoi

'Zuluzinho' vs. Henry 'Sentoryu' Miller

James Thompson vs. Alexandru Lungu

Makoto Takimoto vs. Yoon Dong-Sik