Pride Bushido - 5/22 - 2 matches

GO THE CRAZY HORSE!

Ryan G: Really? I really liked the last few Bushido's I've seen... Maybe it's just the fact while Pride has great matches, the freakshows on the normal pride cards are enough to keep me away mentally.

"Is TAKUMI the same guy who fought Charlie Kohler in KOTC? "

No.That is Takumi Nakayama,who just goes by Takumi.He trains at Paraestra Osaka,and has trained with Maeda before interestingly enough.

The Takumi that Maeda submitted with an armbar was Takumi Murata of A3 gym.

Is Charles going to train hard for this fight maybe? I hope so.

Gunjin- Frankie may have been asking about my anecdote. It would be more accurate to say that Takumi runs Paraestra Osaka than to say that he trains there, IMO. I dunno who he fought there, but Takumi won a KOTC belt, I believe at Welterweight.

The last Bushido I saw on DVD was cool as hell, it had Bennett, Chonan, and Shogun... I think it was Bushido, anyway. However, their matches tend to be between evenly matched guys, which sometimes leads to stalemates and boring fights. I have not regretted going to see Bushidos or renting them though, because the matchmaking is good. Sometimes the fights just don't turn out good.

Chonan is a hard mofo, and he will give Schembri problems, I think. His win over Anderson was a little flukey, but Anderson is many times over a better striker than Nino. Schembri's BJJ is tight, but why does he suck so much at striking if he is at CB? He looks like Royce out there.

Ryan G: Really? I really liked the last few Bushido's I've seen... Maybe it's just the fact while Pride has great matches, the freakshows on the normal pride cards are enough to keep me away mentally.

I'm not saying Bushido sucks or anything, just that they've yet to put on a great event. I enjoy Bushido, but there hasn't been a Bushido event with the excitement of some of the regular Pride shows. Since Bushido's inception, there has been Final Conflict 2003 (maybe the best event ever), Total Elimination and Critical Countdown 2004, and Otoko Matsuri (aka Shockwave) 2003. None of the Bushidos have been as good as those events, IMO.

I dunno who he fought there, but Takumi won a KOTC belt, I believe at Welterweight.

Yeah, he won it over Charlie Kohler. You were thinking of the right guy, Frankie.

Chonan will school Elvis.