PRIDE office closed, workers fired

"Who needs Pride when we have Bisping-Evans as a main event?"

Yes we could have Crocop and Shogun headlining a main event.. oh wait Pride fighters have been exposed as B-level.

"I don't think the firings on a face-to-face basis would have turned out so well.
it because they all know karate"

lol.

Seeing the next UFC card really makes Pride's demise even that much sadder.

Not really a surprise considering there hasn't been any planned events for awhile and Pride's marquee fighters are now in the UFC.

6 months of welfare checks must have been nice.

Japan is now all excited about synchronized figure skating. Their attention span is short and they are done with MMA. The hardcore Japanese fans will still support Shooto, etc. but the masses are demanding figure skating.

""""I can't believe any real MMA fan is happy that Pride is gone. Terrible. A
real MMA fan watches Pride, UFC, Shooto, Hero's, Pancrase, Bodog...
everything. It is all MMA and we are all on the same team.""""

Exactly

""""oh wait Pride fighters have been exposed as B-level.""""

So Anderson Silva, Rampage, & Dan Henderson are B level now.

if the yakuza was deeply entrenched in the old Pride org, it made sense to scrap it just to get rid of the parasites, instead of bringing them onboard to sink the new gravy train.

"where did all the money go?" there is a reason Pride was sold for short money.

dana and the fertittas know how to do business.

they bought it just so they could close it down.

how much did they buy it for, again?

""""dana and the fertittas know how to do business.""""

Seems like they would be happy if UFC & WEC were the only big events
out there making all fighters kiss Dana's ass in fear of being blackballed.
We all knew Pride was dead but the way Dana & the Fertitas handeled it
was sleazy & shady in my opinion.

Dana should probbably stay away from Sushi bars for awhile.

""Who cares...I don't. They have all the best PRIDE guys in the UFC now anyway."
Except for all the lightweights, Sergei, Aleks, Lil Nog, Arona. Whether you think any of those guys were top 5 or even top 10...they were all exciting and brought it. I'm bummed that I won't be able to watch them live or on short tape delay (except if I want to stay up from 2am-5am to watch the K-1 Heros stream.)"

Can't forget about Fedor.

You can when he doesn't want to fight top competition. Sounds like he may have signed with M1 so he can fight cans in his backyard. That makes it easy to forget about him.

What else was Zuffa expected to do with Pride? Foreign businesses aren't exactly welcome in Japan. They were unable to get a tv deal and even lost their existing tv deal for the UFC in japan. They were unwelcome, so they finally gave up. It's just as well- Zuffa obviously doesn't need Japan.

"Yes we could have Crocop and Shogun headlining a main event.. oh wait Pride fighters have been exposed as B-level. "

How do you explain Silva and Rampage holding Belts and Nog winning? Oh wait you have been exposed as an ignorant B-level Troll.

OMG! THIS IS SHOCKING NEWS! SHOCKING!

"How do you explain Silva and Rampage holding Belts and Nog winning?"

Silva and Rampage left Pride, improved their skills and eventually went to the UFC (where they are currently doing well). As for Big Nog, he beat Herring- so what? Let's see how he does against real opposition.

RIP PRIDE

"As for Big Nog, he beat Herring- so what? Let's see how he does against real opposition. "

He still WON.

"Silva and Rampage left Pride, improved their skills and eventually went to the UFC"

So they are not Pride Fighters? So with that Logic there is no such Thing as a UFC Fighter since they all started in KOTC, ROTR, Mass Destruction, etc. They aren't UFC Fighters.

"Seems like they would be happy if UFC & WEC were the only big events out there making all fighters kiss Dana's ass in fear of being blackballed."

I agree 100%! Competition is always good for the consumer and we all as fans lost on that deal.