Pride vs UFC vs SF GLOVES eyepoke thread (PICS)

Great thread, OP.. VU.

The Pride gloves would probably be best to prevent accidental eye pokes due to the finger curl; it's kind of been rare to see a "rake" of the eye nowadays, it's almost always a straight poke.

Do the Pride ones hinder grappling at all?

Sakaraba said no Phone Post

come to think of it I don't recall many eyepokes during pride fights.   good thread.

GARRA - Sakaraba said no Phone Post
Nice Phone Post 3.0

War pridegloves. Phone Post

Pride never poke Phone Post

ima zombie - Pride gloves ftw Phone Post 3.0
Yeah Seeing the pride gloves put a smile on my face, and now a tear to my eye.

I remember my girlfriend at the time referred to them as blue mittens. She made me proud by being a Shogun fan.

VU go you. Phone Post 3.0

For you^^ not go you. Phone Post 3.0

PTM2020 -

come to think of it I don't recall many eyepokes during pride fights.   good thread.

Gilbert Yvels vs Don Frye comes to mind when talkin about eye pokes. Yvels was poking fryes eyes on purpose. Phone Post 3.0

Why can't they make black pride gloves with the ufc logo on it, so everyone is happy Phone Post 3.0

Libero21 - Why can't they make black pride gloves with the ufc logo on it, so everyone is happy Phone Post 3.0

They could make them very similar, but they are already producing thousands of the current design per day, hard to get a big company to admit they are wrong, plus new tooling and all that. I'll be interested to see what they come up with if they are actually working on something.

Someone please photoshop that, would be the coolest thing ever (Black gloves, red laces, UFC logo where pride logo is)

For science!

I think Joe semi-mentioned this thread on the creepy podcast!

poor noons

pooe Boetsch

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Who's hand rests straight like that?

This is hilarious. I think the Pride gloves are superior and possibly may help reduce accidental eye pokes but the evidence presented is ridiculously tainted.

RKing85 - they should just make eye pokes legal. Problem solved.

Chuck Liddell would still be LHW champ.

Dan Bobish would be winless in his career.

Google'ed Dan Bobish as I have no clue who he is and didnt now the reference, still dont get it but I noticed he had a loss to Mark Kerr via chin to the eye lol anyone seen this? Not familiar with mma at the time as I would have been 7 but sounds like quite a submission lol

this thread needs to be updated with the new bellator gloves.