Prime Alex Pereira vs Prime Jon Jones at LHW

If they fought 10 times, how many of those fights does Poatan win?

1 Like

Unlike Pereira’s 3 opponents he’s faced at LHW,
JBJ has a high fight IQ. He would waste no time grappling him against the fence and getting him down

I love me some Poatan no Diddy but I don’t think he ever beats JBJ

3 Likes

Any chance Jones’s ego just keeps it standing and he beats him there? Cro Cop vs Fedor like perhaps.

When a fighter finally decides to wrestle Alex he will lose

Izzy took him down for goodness sake

Imagine what a decent wrestler could do

Bones would finish him with vicious ground and pound

5 Likes

This.
I love Alex, but he is NOT well rounded enough to be a dominant champ. He got outwrestled by Adesanya at 185, it’s laughable to think he would have a chance against Jones.

Exactly. And not taking anything away from Alex, what hes done in such a short period of time is impressive to see.

But matchups make fights and once he gets that elite wrestler it’s night night

He’s the kind of champ mma needs, a straight up killer without gimmicks, ego, trash talk or bullshittery.
I love watching all his fights and cheer when I see a slight crack of a smile from him.
Amazing what’s he’s done throughout his combat career considering his tough, rough, young life.

3 Likes

I love watching him fight but Jones would demolish him. He would take him down with ease and unleash elbows from hell. I remember when people thought Izzy could be Jones lol :joy:

2 Likes

Jones. Jones would beat him today at LHW.

Everytime some new shiny thing comes along, this place claims that A. They’ll beat Jones and B. Jones is ducking them.

Episode 1 Lol GIF by UFC

3 Likes

Again, now is the time to make this fight at HW. It is the biggest fight the UFC can make.

JBJ would kill Alex
And beat both their wives for good measure

Interestingly, that hasn’t happened in this thread.

Jon and Alex fight similarly. Both use their size advantage to establish a distance.

Alex moves conservatively. He is very cautious. I don’t know how effective would Jones’ long range attacks, like oblique kick, be against him.

Alex may catch him at some point.

On the other hand, Jones has probably the highest fight IQ ever, and until somebody beats hims; Nobody. Beats. Jon. Jones.