Who you got? Prime Kerr vs HW Jon Jones

• Kerr
  • Jones
0 voters
1 Like

Jones beats the brakes off of kerr.
Kerr was the epitome of a front runner.

2 Likes

Prime Mark Kerr takes Jones down and head butts his face until it looks like somebody stepped on a cherry pie…

2 Likes

agreed with Jon, if it’s no-rules, Jones gets hurled around and catches a ticket to Headbutt City… learns all about different kinds of soup in the following weeks.

5 Likes

Kerr loses heart if his first 4 shots fail. Hones kicks his knee to Bolivia

1 Like

kerrs best win is enson
i’ll take jj

1 Like

I was a big fan of Kerr in his roided days but he was actually a glass cannon. He’d smash undersized cans but he was actually kind of boring when he was met with resistance. He just laid in people guards for long periods of time. Tom Erickson was the real smashing machine. If he was younger, had trained mma more, and was juiced to the gills that would be even more terrifying

3 Likes

Depends. Would Kerr be mad? On the rare occasions that he was, he was unstoppable. A couple years ago, Don Frye was relentless in criticizing Kerr after he shared how Lesnar brought Kerr in to prep him for MMA. Frye basically said Kerr wasn’t a real fighter and was a joke, contrasting him with Coleman. While I think that’s over the top, I don’t think Kerr was anywhere near as motivated to win doing whatever it took, as some of the other guys. I also think 96/97 Kerr would’ve wrecked Frye.

Would Kerr be able to take Jon Down.?

Jon may even take Mark down like he did DC
And rain down elbows, smashing.achine style on to Kerr face.

I have Jon winning.

I’m looking fwd to the smashing machine movie, not thrilled rock is playing him (and I like the rock as an actor)

Who could have played him otherwise in Hollywood?

You guys are ridiculous. Kerr inside 60.

1 Like

Schitts Creek Awww GIF by CBC

Pioneer days? Kerr all day.

The META changed throughout the times.

In Kerr’s day there was no such thing as wall walking techniques.

Roided Kerr takes Jon down and headbutts him to a pulp.

If jones fought in 1997-98

• his BJJ would be blue belt level or less
  • takedown defense was still underdeveloped in MMA
  • underdeveloped striking as the sport was still evolving, at that era absolutely NO ONE threw head kicks because of the fear of the take down
  • cardio would be suspect as most of the pioneers were still doing bodybuilding routines- jones would be tired
  • there was no real cross training and most gyms wouldn’t share, especially the Brazilians
  • jones base would be wrestling and Kerr had better credentials, the fight would look like wrestler vs wrestler with Kerr dominating him
  • the stand up that Jon jones developed happened in the modern era with pioneers establishing the framework

In 1997, jones become a foot note in history.

We are talking both in their primes

So clearly Jon…

Given he is the Goatiest of Goats

1 Like

You don’t know how Kerr would have developed if he was fighting in today’s MMA. Would he have developed a hendo bomb like Dan? We’ll never know…

However, we can argue how likely Jon jones would have done in 1997 which would be more correct.

It would not be fair to compare prime vs prime because jones had access to more information and techniques

Kerr never beat anyone of note. Jones would fucking wreck him.

3 Likes

Prime …so both roided to the gills.

Kerr would look tiny next to Jones even with his steroids. Kerr was a flat 6 feet tall and jones is 6”4 with 84 inch reach. Jones beats up prime mark colman and Kerr in the same night. Especially in pride where he can soccer kick them both in the dome. DC would wreck them as well

2 Likes

Jones. It wouldn’t be competitive

2 Likes

He would look shorter, not small.

This isn’t looking small next to pretty much any mma guy

IMG_4468

2 Likes

He’d last 3 mins into round 1 before his cardio would vanish. Think Coleman v Smith but much much worse.

1 Like