Promising Prospects Stopped by Gatekeepers?

KhabibWinsTheRematch -

Guida/Pettis

Elkins/Bektic

Forest/Shogun

James Irvin/Houston Alexander

Forrest/Shogun????

Which one of those former champs was the prospect and which one was the gatekeeper?

Cuckoldberry Finn - 
wiggum - Very boring fighter. Nevertheless, has wins over: Josh Thomson, Nate Diaz, RDA, Gomi, Showtime, Hioki, Kawajiri, post prime BJ Penn, Joe Lauzon and Erik Koch.

not knocking his record.  he put in work, just never enjoyed a guida fight.  

Word. Fair enough. Although, I think you either missed many or meant that you never enjoyed a fight in which Guida won.

Guida’s fights were amazing when he got the shit kicked out of him. Him versus Benson, for instance. Clay just flies around like a maniac.

Struve > Stipe to me is the biggest one

Not saying he’s a gatekeeper but Bendo beating Brandon Thatch completely changed the trajectory of his career. That guy looked unstoppable then got subbed 4 times and retired. 

a recent one is Anderson over Walker.

BJTT-BigDaddy - 

Struve > Stipe to me is the biggest one

Not saying he’s a gatekeeper but Bendo beating Brandon Thatch completely changed the trajectory of his career. That guy looked unstoppable then got subbed 4 times and retired. 

a recent one is Anderson over Walker.

Great additions.

Liner81 -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

Guida/Pettis

Elkins/Bektic

Forest/Shogun

Forrest/Shogun????

Which one of those former champs was the prospect and which one was the gatekeeper?

Just because Forest got lucky and was awarded the championship in a utterly terrible decision, doesn't mean he wasn't a gate keeper. 

Never defended his title, and was knocked stiff by Keith Jardine 3 fights before his title fight. 

Forest was a gate keeper.

Johnny Walker vs Corey Anderson

KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Liner81 -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

Guida/Pettis

Elkins/Bektic

Forest/Shogun

Forrest/Shogun????

Just because Forest got lucky and was awarded the championship in a utterly terrible decision, doesn't mean he wasn't a gate keeper. 

Never defended his title, and was knocked stiff by Keith Jardine 3 fights before his title fight. 

Forest was a gate keeper.

I don't think you understand what gate keeper means

Cowboy vs Myles jury. He took him to school in that fight

SonnendbySilva -

Great one.

nek -
SonnendbySilva -

Great one.

add Cowboy vs Hernandez as well

knappster - 
nek -
SonnendbySilva -

Great one.

add Cowboy vs Hernandez as well

Cowboy has derailed a few careers as well as launched a few himself (Till, Masvidal), lol. That’s why he’s the ultimate gate-keeper.