PSA 4 fiters: Dont sign long-ass contracts

and then cry about being slaves and underpaid

Yrah I wouldn't sign 8 fight contracts... 4 max Phone Post 3.0

What if the pay per fight was double a 4 fight contract is? Phone Post 3.0

What if MMA is your life and you struggle to have financial success in general, and youre not very well known, and it's your only option?

Andy mma - What if the pay per fight was double a 4 fight contract is? Phone Post 3.0

Generally speaking, the longer the contract, the bigger the signing bonus. If a fighter is going to get a 100k bonus for a four fight deal, but 300k for an 8 fight deal, I totally get signing the longer contact.

Many fighters, take Holly Holm for example, have a "championship clause" in their contracts that state for a title fight, they re-negotiate the contract.

So for example this thread is probably spawned from Matt Brown's 8 fight contract. If Brown's manager is smart(hopefully he is), there's a championship clause where if 3 fights in his contract Matt gets a title shot, he can renegotiate his contract.

REGARDLESS of the result in Sunday’s UFC193 main event title match, Holly Holm is guaranteed a major pay day.

Holm has revealed to foxsports.com.au that her management inserted a ‘Ronda Rousey clause’ into her UFC deal to ensure she could financially capitalise when the time came to face off against the bantamweight champion.

MartialArtsMixed - Yrah I wouldn't sign 8 fight contracts... 4 max Phone Post 3.0
Yea, because you're in a position to make demands when there's 100 other fighters dying to take that 8 fight deal...even cheaper. Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe -
MartialArtsMixed - Yrah I wouldn't sign 8 fight contracts... 4 max Phone Post 3.0
Yea, because you're in a position to make demands when there's 100 other fighters dying to take that 8 fight deal...even cheaper. Phone Post 3.0
Well then put yourself in a stronger position like Diaz, McGregor, and Your girlfriend did. You gotta sell yourself to give yourself more power.

Since ufc cam terminate a contract after a loss fighters should at least get a time period halfway through to terminate the contract if they choose to. Phone Post 3.0

Honesty -
Ray Elbe -
Well then put yourself in a stronger position like Diaz, McGregor, and Your girlfriend did. You gotta sell yourself to give yourself more power.

Since ufc cam terminate a contract after a loss fighters should at least get a time period halfway through to terminate the contract if they choose to. Phone Post 3.0

Your idea sounds naive.

You suggest an 8 fight contract that can become a 4 fight contract.... lol

The promotion already paid you a signing bonus for your signature of that long ass deal. No company ever would let that money walk away with the deal halfway done.

Most fighters do not get the luxury of having a fair negotiation for whats in their contract. The UFC essentially has a monopoly on the sport of MMA. If you want to become a fighter you have to agree to their terms.

Foos - Most fighters do not get the luxury of having a fair negotiation for whats in their contract. The UFC essentially has a monopoly on the sport of MMA. If you want to become a fighter you have to agree to their terms.

But I hear from the UG that everyone makes 35 trillion dollars every fight on sponsorship money  in Bellator so now everyone is going the Free Agent route due to Heebok and leave the UFC. You must be very wrong!!!!!

Honesty -
Ray Elbe -

Diaz sat out for over a year due to his long term contract. Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe - 

u mean like demands of creating a new weightclass?

Great tip OP.

Here's another one: when your opponent tries to hit you, simply avoid the punch and hit them back! Continue doing it until you win the fight. Pretty simple stuff. Phone Post 3.0

TheVandalz - What if MMA is your life and you struggle to have financial success in general, and youre not very well known, and it's your only option?

Hope Sanders wins and file for social assistance? Wasn't McGregor on the same plan, prior to finally making it big in the UFC? Wasn't Rousey homeless and living out of her Honda Civic, and popping pills, washing them down with Vodka? Jones was in a 1 bedroom apartment with his girlfriend and his kids. Aldo was in a favela and then sleeping in the gym.

What do students do, who make $0, and have to pay for attending school? They take loans, they live with their parents, they take weekend jobs, side gigs, etc. They go into debt, and then they get a job making the money they signed up for, given the education.

What do interns do?

What do those making minimum wage do?

They figure it out, that's what they do, or maybe they don't and they fail in the financial aspect of their lives. Fighters are no different, other than the fan base believe's they're a special case.

These guys singing long fight deals proves they want to be with the UFC and no where else. It proves in their case, the sponsorship deal works just fine. You would think they would be fleeing in bunches, otherwise. These guys don't want to leave the UFC and in fact, they want to remain there, long term.

My gawd these fiters...

rockafella - My gawd these fiters...

Ray Elbe -
This.

Welcome to entertainment.

Everyone wants in.

They want in so badly they will fuck everyone by agreeing to work for less.

Welcome to comedy, music and anything.

Bands who decided they'd play for beer or 50 bucks changed the market and comics who are willing to do bringer shows changed that market.

This isn't surgery.

So the entry barrier is nonexistent.

Truthfully? There aren't that many stars in any given field.

It's about promotion in the end which is why Conor is talking fighting Floyd and Stipe Miocic fights fires and Mighty Mouse fights to get recognized.

So unless you truly are THE best fighter, greatest band or funniest comic?

Your bargaining power is shit.

The boss can put someone else on the stage or in the cage and it'll sell the same number of tickets or drinks.

And that line outside?

Is everyone willing to take your spot once you stood your ground.

It sucks but it's the way it is forever as everyone wants in and those who want in are willing to do it for free.

Which messes up the fact that those who are doing it seek better pay. Phone Post 3.0

The UFC forces them to dipshit Phone Post 3.0