Putin kissing Tsarukyan in 2017

Sochi hosted the 8th International Professional Combat SAMBO Tournament PLOTFORM S-70. The victory in the weight category up to 70 kilograms was won by an athlete from Khabarovsk Arman Tsarukyan.

The opponent of the fighter representing the Far Eastern Federation of Modern Pankration was initially UFC veteran Jesse Ronson, but he was replaced by the Brazilian Marcio Breno Rodriguez Braga. This did not prevent the Khabarovsk citizen from imposing his own style of fighting and winning it. Arman Tsarukyan already in the third minute of the first round defeated the opponent with a choke hold.

“Arman did a great job, he led the whole fight, didn’t let the Brazilian do anything, completely controlled the fight and won it confidently. As a result, he confirmed the glory of the best avenue in the Far East, ”Dmitry Konkov, president of the Far Eastern Federation of Modern Pankration, told a RIA Vostok-Media-Khabarovsk correspondent.

After the end of the competition, Vladimir Putin, who was a guest of every S-70 tournament, congratulated each fighter, and even kissed Arman Tsarukyan - the president liked the duel of the Far Eastern man so much.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

ha gay GIF

4 Likes

Is that what Armans background is? Sambo/combat sambo?

Wrestling, but most wrestlers (not all) from that area that you see in mma also have combat sambo experience, which is why their transitions to mma are so much smoother.

2 Likes

Apparently

1 Like

Where da kiss

Yes that’s what I assumed but couldn’t find any background details on his wiki. God I miss judom who was our resident subject matter expert on regional Russian/former USSR grappling (wrestling, judo, sambo). He said that most grapplers in the Caucasus region grow up doing all the above. Seems like it’s similar for neighboring Azerbaijan and Georgia who also do well in judo and wrestling.

Now here’s a question, did Arman grow up training in Russia rather than Armenia? What region?

Far East, Khabarovsk

I have no idea. There’s not much info out there besides that he lives in Russia now. I thought he grew up in Georgia (the country) which has good wrestling as well.

Hes an Armenian who was born in Georgia but was raised in Russia

Dictator is using athletes for PR. What else is new?