PVZ's husband explains the nude angle

Undefeated Bellator MMA middleweight Austin Van­der­ford and his wife UFC fly­weight and strawweight Paige VanZant are wisely using the time freed by shelter-in-place orders to grow their social network. They are doing so via low-hanging fruit - nudity. Vanderford, who tapped Richie “Boogeyman” Martinez at SUG 13 on Sunday, explained the pair's thinking in a recent column for England’s The Daily Telegraph.

My wife and I have been called “The Van Nud­ists” dur­ing lock­down and it is def­i­nitely ap­pro­pri­ate. We de­cided to have a bit of fun at home in iso­la­tion in Port­land, Ore­gon, and get nude.

It has got a bit wild at times, but we have been mak­ing it taste­ful on our so­cial me­dia. Every day we tried to come up with something new, whether work­ing out, meal plan­ning and cook­ing, gar­den­ing, out on the bal­cony, or just loung­ing about. We are hav­ing fun with it, for sure.

Not wear­ing much is nor­mal for me. I am from the coun­try­side in Alaska – 90 percent of my life I have not had clothes on. Go­ing wild and naked in the wilder­ness is where I feel most com­fort­able. I smell like a wolf right now. I am very an­i­mal­is­tic. Paige is very com­fort­able in her skin, too, and was pho­tographed for the Sports Il­lus­trated swim­suit is­sue in 2019.

They have quite a few re­stric­tions in Port­land, but we are just try­ing to do our part and stay­ing in. We are mak­ing the best out of ev­ery­thing. For­tu­nately, my wife is my best friend and my train­ing part­ner. In re­al­ity, our ev­ery­day life has not changed a ton.

We have a gym here – our garage is con­verted into a workout area. We train to­gether twice a day.

We are very for­tu­nate to have one another. We have ev­ery­thing we need. The only thing we do not have right now is a fight date.

We have even made a lit­tle se­ries for YouTube called A Kick­ass Love Story. But when it comes to hav­ing a wres­tle for the TV re­mote, right now Paige al­ways gets the top po­si­tion.

Read entire article (subscription)

Don’t care for them at all but props to submitting Martinez or the boogeyman whatever. Must have a legit ground game 

She better work her brand on social media because she isn't doing it in the cage.

She has not fought since Jan 2019.

In fact since 2016 she has fought 4 times, once a year, and gone 2-2.

2 Likes
Captain Canuck -

She better work her brand on social media because she isn't doing it in the cage.

She still fought more then Stitch Albu who only fought Once every 2 years. Yeah go look that shit up. Once every 2 years let that set it.

Kirik -

Undefeated Bellator MMA middleweight Austin Van­der­ford and his wife UFC fly­weight and strawweight Paige VanZant are wisely using the time freed by shelter-in-place orders to grow their social network. They are doing so via low-hanging fruit - nudity. Vanderford, who tapped Richie “Boogeyman” Martinez at SUG 13 on Sunday, explained the pair's thinking in a recent column for England’s The Daily Telegraph.

My wife and I have been called “The Van Nud­ists” dur­ing lock­down and it is def­i­nitely ap­pro­pri­ate. We de­cided to have a bit of fun at home in iso­la­tion in Port­land, Ore­gon, and get nude.

It has got a bit wild at times, but we have been mak­ing it taste­ful on our so­cial me­dia. Every day we tried to come up with something new, whether work­ing out, meal plan­ning and cook­ing, gar­den­ing, out on the bal­cony, or just loung­ing about. We are hav­ing fun with it, for sure.

Not wear­ing much is nor­mal for me. I am from the coun­try­side in Alaska – 90 percent of my life I have not had clothes on. Go­ing wild and naked in the wilder­ness is where I feel most com­fort­able. I smell like a wolf right now. I am very an­i­mal­is­tic. Paige is very com­fort­able in her skin, too, and was pho­tographed for the Sports Il­lus­trated swim­suit is­sue in 2019.

They have quite a few re­stric­tions in Port­land, but we are just try­ing to do our part and stay­ing in. We are mak­ing the best out of ev­ery­thing. For­tu­nately, my wife is my best friend and my train­ing part­ner. In re­al­ity, our ev­ery­day life has not changed a ton.

We have a gym here – our garage is con­verted into a workout area. We train to­gether twice a day.

We are very for­tu­nate to have one another. We have ev­ery­thing we need. The only thing we do not have right now is a fight date.

We have even made a lit­tle se­ries for YouTube called A Kick­ass Love Story. But when it comes to hav­ing a wres­tle for the TV re­mote, right now Paige al­ways gets the top po­si­tion.

Read entire article (subscription)

I think i might have vomited in my mouth a little

2 Likes

Can't knock the hustle. Competition is fierce on social media and I have no problems with a good looking man or woman using their god given assets. Lil nudity never hurt no one.

1 Like
stainlesssteel - 

Can't knock the hustle. Competition is fierce on social media and I have no problems with a good looking man or woman using their god given assets. Lil nudity never hurt no one.

You sure as hell can. Screw these two attention whores.

4 Likes

I'm always astounded at the dumb shit people will say when someone sticks a microphone in their face.

1 Like

Do you really smell like a wolf though?

"Not wear­ing much is nor­mal for me. I am from the coun­try­side in Alaska – 90 percent of my life I have not had clothes on. Go­ing wild and naked in the wilder­ness is where I feel most com­fort­able. I smell like a wolf right now. I am very an­i­mal­is­tic."

LMAO

So he has not worn clothes 90% of his life in (of all places) Alaska. Also, he smells like a wolf. Just lol at all of that.

4 Likes

![](upload://6si6hnN0kMqOAWnWIxwPdY6gt5n.gif)

3 Likes

austin and uriah should be able to take their shirts off if they desire.

2breath2feel -

Don’t care for them at all but props to submitting Martinez or the boogeyman whatever. Must have a legit ground game 

the match had flavors of schaub vs cyborg...vanderford avoided Martinez much of the regular time.  he had a quick escape and tight arm triangle to win

You can knock em, but the reality there are a lot of fighters right now living hand to mouth. Paige makes an estimated $5k to $8k per post. I guarantee some of the people knocking them would blow somebody for that.

Whambo - You can knock em, but the reality there are a lot of fighters right now living hand to mouth. Paige makes an estimated $5k to $8k per post. I guarantee some of the people knocking them would blow somebody for that.

do i have to finish the job?

fnunderful -
2breath2feel -

the match had flavors of schaub vs cyborg...vanderford avoided Martinez much of the regular time.  he had a quick escape and tight arm triangle to win

That’s annoying and I believe but if boogeyman spent most of the match on his ass without trying to take him down like cyborg did he deserves to lose 

2breath2feel -
fnunderful -
2breath2feel -

That’s annoying and I believe but if boogeyman spent most of the match on his ass without trying to take him down like cyborg did he deserves to lose 

austin definitely did better than shaub.  I think if the ruleset was different he would have engaged more but knowing he was going to get a chance to use his strength in overtime dictated how the match went.  I don't remember if Martinez was more busy than cyborg but I remember wishing someone would just hurry up and do something.

I actually like the short form format of SUG.  No BJJ guys acting goofy in front of a crowd,  and no interviews Just a fireside chat with Chael leading up to the matches.  The guys are in the octagon when he turns it over to the match, they grapple and it ends.   Instead of a 4 hour show, you get it done in an hour.  Chael just needs a couple more stories to tell about the competitors and it will be perfect.  I've heard his Craig Jones ADCC story already...

He seems like a nice pimp

Chael_McD - 
Captain Canuck -

She still fought more then Stitch Albu who only fought Once every 2 years. Yeah go look that shit up. Once every 2 years let that set it.

there are a ton of girls on social media who are ufc fighters apparently or fight in other organizations.  I never see them training or actually fighting lol