Q: Does "Spinning Shit" working in the street?

A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWUUDshif_s

1 Like
Lights Out Lurker - 

Literally the luckiest shot in the history of street fights lol

That didn’t seem lucky at all

Only way to know would be to see more of him sparring or fighting

1 Like
Lights Out Lurker -

Apparently Asians on the streets do this shit all the time, see the Youtube comments on that video.

Asians are like anime superheros on the street, they're basically undefeated. Meanwhile, in the UFC asians like consistently lose, lol.

1 Like

Spinning backfist, spinning hammerfist & spinning elbow are all “legit” techniques, just not something most people should probably use in a real fight.

I mean how good are you at executing said technique, and what is the skill level of said opponent? In most street fight situations I’d assume there wouldn’t be enough space. 

don’t fear the man that has 1000 moves, fear the man that has practiced one move 1000x.

or something to that extent according to bruce lee.

Icy Mike told me on youtube that it does. 

Nothing lucky about that at all. Probably throws that better than any MMA fighter actually. 

Whambo - 

Nothing lucky about that at all. Probably throws that better than any MMA fighter actually. 

He slid away from 4 punches without throwing back. Waited for an opening. Threw a spinning back fist without getting out of position. His one and only punch thrown. Walk away ko. Everything about that was skill.

Also if you are the other guy, how are you even prepared to defend that.

1 Like
Lights Out Lurker - 

He knew exactly what he was doing and baited him in.

Not lucky

Its a great technique to catch higher skilled opponents with. 

Yeah based on his head movement and footwork prior to the throw and demeanor after it landed, seems like bro knew what he was doing. 

Lights Out Lurker - 

It actually looked like he set it up, which is far from the definition of luck.

1 Like
Colby Covid19ington -
Whambo - 

He slid away from 4 punches without throwing back. Waited for an opening. Threw a spinning back fist without getting out of position. His one and only punch thrown. Walk away ko. Everything about that was skill.

Also if you are the other guy, how are you even prepared to defend that.

The take down 

That was more of a luck shot, but a properly delivered spinning back fist, or even spinning elbow is very effective. Most people don't set them up properly at all. Watch some of the 80's kickboxers, like Roufus and Alexio. They were extremely effective with the technique. If you grew up doing American Karate (kickboxing/karate) and have sparred extensively, you know how effective that technique is. 

CaptainWoody - 
Lights Out Lurker - 

He knew exactly what he was doing and baited him in.

Not lucky

Yup. Nothing lucky about it.

To answer OP’s question, of course it works in the streets. It works in professional cage fights involving high level, trained fighters. It definitely will work against some rando if properly executed.

It’s a time and place thing. I wouldn’t do it if there was a risk of other attackers joining it. But, I’d sure as shit use spinning techniques in an open situation such as this one.

what a nightmare to have to fight that guy on the street

1 Like

L8er 

![](upload://k31T2FbR8YZk5YwrLqiWN5Eod2O.gif)

Of course, but spinning shit is most effectively thrown off of kicks which require a twist of the body and kicks are less often thrown between bums fistfighting in a Wendy's parking lot