Question about Jones' title defenses

He has 8 consecutive, but never lost his title, so if he wins and defends again would that still be considered a consecutive defense and move it to 9? Phone Post 3.0

No, because he'll be the "challenger." We will all know though.

No technically Cormier is the champ as Jones was stripped Phone Post 3.0

but if he beats DC and then beats Rumble would that be 9 consecutive successful title defences since there wasn't an unsuccessful defence in between

Primo Interiors - but if he beats DC and then beats Rumble would that be 9 consecutive successful title defences since there wasn't an unsuccessful defence in between
That's what I thought but the other 2 day different Phone Post 3.0

ximboredofyoux - No technically Cormier is the champ as Jones was stripped Phone Post 3.0
It's not even "technically". Jon Jones lost the belt due to not acting like an adult. DC won the belt. Phone Post 3.0

Morgz - 
ximboredofyoux - No technically Cormier is the champ as Jones was stripped Phone Post 3.0
It's not even "technically". Jon Jones lost the belt due to not acting like an adult. DC won the belt. Phone Post 3.0

He never lost to anyone. He was stripped. Jones already beat DC. So to me, thats a technicality.

He lost the fight with Gus, the doctor stopped it, but BJM overruled the doctor.

Morpheus1976 - He lost the fight with Gus, the doctor stopped it, but BJM overruled the doctor.
? Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 - He lost the fight with Gus, the doctor stopped it, but BJM overruled the doctor.

Under the unified rules ONLY the REFEREE can stop a fight. I do't recall this but the Dr. can only make suggestions.

Morpheus1976 - He lost the fight with Gus, the doctor stopped it, but BJM overruled the doctor.

doctors can't stop fights, they can only advise the referee to do so

The UFC took the belt from Jon because they wanted to have a belt on the line when DC and Rumble fought. They needed a storyline and they know people will tune in for a title fight. Jon loss his belt because the UFC prematurely took it from him for the sake of their ppv sales. Phone Post 3.0

He will be two time champ, Ali was stripped for not going to war, he won it back.
Jones was stripped for being a div. so he'll have to win it back.
In most people's eyes he's still the legitimate champ because he never lost it. Phone Post 3.0

9 straight homie Phone Post 3.0

He's next fight isn't a title defense therefore breaking the streak. Phone Post 3.0

Can't be consecutive title defenses when someone else has had the title and has been defending it. Phone Post 3.0

No, we just have to treat it just like his "loss" to Hammell.

Matt Hamill is the true champion.

VinegarStrokes - 

Under the unified rules ONLY the REFEREE can stop a fight. I do't recall this but the Dr. can only make suggestions.

Doctors can stop fights!

"I don't know if you've heard," White told FOX Sports following the five-round battle. "But the doctors were going to stop the fight in the last round because of the cut. Jones begged him not to stop the fight. And from what I understand (referee John) McCarthy did too -- pleaded with them not to stop the fight."

The cut above Jones' eye did indeed appear nasty. All the same, McCarthy stopped by Monday's 200th episode of The MMA Hour, where he explained that White may have dramatized the situation.

the whole story:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/24/4764324/referee-john-mccarthy-explains-whether-doctors-almost-stopped-jones

Why is this so hard to understand? He lost the belt. Case closed.