R.I.P Train Judo

Was that the dude from detroit? I remember him from way back in the day. RIp

Elihu - So another fact about Quincy. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I met Quincy in 1999. At the Gomez Academy in MI we had the following guys train often: Dave Knaggs, Dave Gardner, D., Garcia, Jason Ireland and a bunch of other tough SOB's.

I was just starting out but Quincy was always giving me pointers, esp. with leg attacks. And back then, we did all kids of subs on each other. There was no federation rules, gi vs no-gi, or funky guards. He was the first guy I had met that incorporated sambo, bjj, judo, wrestling into his game.

So now in 2016, I tell my students that my liking of leg attacks started back then and Quincy was a big help. He would show up looking like he just left the bar, chew in his mouth. Walk in, change and start shark tanks. Puke for 3min. and go back at it. Like I said before, a straight up guy who said what he felt. Good times at the Gomez academy and in the basement of the hardware store on Packard in Ann Arbor.

One of my first nights up there I was rolling with a guy who kept going for leg locks and I kept defending them, Quincy complimented my defense and I said "Thanks, us BJJ guys are scared of them so I've worked hard on it." Next round Q plops down and leg locks me like 46 times, gives me this assholey smirk and says "I could leg lock a snake, butt flopper" lol

Some info:

"Quincy Rice's service will be held tomorrow morning (Friday 10/14) details as follows:

120 N Jackson St. Jackson MI 49201

Visitation Time: 10:00am
Service Time: 11:00am"

RIP Quincy.  We had some back and forths.  Very sad to hear.  Sorry to all his family and friends.

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

I just saw this:

https://www.gofundme.com/quincy-rice-funeral-expensis-2trf4q4

I was really hoping Quincy was trolling us.  

. Phone Post 3.0

JoejitsuMD - I remember really getting a kick out of his trolling and pro judo posts. Seemed to love his art so much and I have tremendous respect for that. I'm sure he impacted many people and spread Judo into many lives. Phone Post 3.0

I have TTTd a bunch of his old threads yesterday.

You can check them out.

Crush Crawfish -
Elihu - So another fact about Quincy. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I met Quincy in 1999. At the Gomez Academy in MI we had the following guys train often: Dave Knaggs, Dave Gardner, D., Garcia, Jason Ireland and a bunch of other tough SOB's.

I was just starting out but Quincy was always giving me pointers, esp. with leg attacks. And back then, we did all kids of subs on each other. There was no federation rules, gi vs no-gi, or funky guards. He was the first guy I had met that incorporated sambo, bjj, judo, wrestling into his game.

So now in 2016, I tell my students that my liking of leg attacks started back then and Quincy was a big help. He would show up looking like he just left the bar, chew in his mouth. Walk in, change and start shark tanks. Puke for 3min. and go back at it. Like I said before, a straight up guy who said what he felt. Good times at the Gomez academy and in the basement of the hardware store on Packard in Ann Arbor.

One of my first nights up there I was rolling with a guy who kept going for leg locks and I kept defending them, Quincy complimented my defense and I said "Thanks, us BJJ guys are scared of them so I've worked hard on it." Next round Q plops down and leg locks me like 46 times, gives me this assholey smirk and says "I could leg lock a snake, butt flopper" lol
Great story Phone Post 3.0

BSurely - 

Props to John Carmack for donating a G.

RIP Q!!! 

Wow dude that's the lead programmer for DOOM and co-founder of id video games. Epic!

Is that really THE John Carmack? Holy shit.

CRE - 
BSurely - 

Props to John Carmack for donating a G.

RIP Q!!! 

Wow dude that's the lead programmer for DOOM and co-founder of id video games. Epic!

Very cool

tourist - I always got a kick out of him and Mark Tripp going back and forth.

Didn't he have a brother who posted on her for awhile too?

Yes.. I just fixed his account. He wants to log on and thank everyone for kind words

RickStorm - 

Yes.. I just fixed his account. He wants to log on and thank everyone for kind words

What is his screeen name?

Thanks

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
RickStorm - 

What is his screeen name?

Thanks

sandmanstebelton

Thanks

RIP he was a memorable poster. Phone Post 3.0

TrainJudo was really a funny guy I don't think he had a bad post. He was as funny in person as he was on the forum, he wasn't a troll who would anonymously hide behind a computer screen, but didn't have the guts to say the things he wrote about to peoples faces. Quincy would do just that, he was as real of a person as you could get. Monetarily, Quincy was born poor, grew up poor, and died poor. However, his indomitable, giving, and loving spirit made him one of the richest guys in the world. I grew up very close to where he grew up and many looked down on people from the areas where he was from, calling them white trash and stupid. This is a huge misconception, just because Quincy and many others like him did not have the same opportunities as others who were more fortunate did not mean they were stupid. Quincy was probably close to if not a genius, he wrote well, he spoke well, and he had a wide range of knowledge and interests in many things that people with advanced degrees do not have.

Of all the funny things he did, and there are way too many to count, I think my favorite was when he was trolling Frank Trigg. Frank Trigg had a pod cast and he was discussing how much of an asshole Quincy was. Quincy called the show and brought up naked Pictures Frank posed for when he was in college. Trigg responded, "yeah well that was 10 years ago" Quincy then said "Just because you sucked a dick 10 years ago doesn't mean you still aren't a fagit". Very funny guy! He will be greatly missed.

Sad news. Always liked quincy. RIP Phone Post 3.0

I didn't know the Trigg thing LMAO

I will always recall his "to the mod who froze me" video. I think I still have PMs from him from many years ago. Good dude, RIP

Here is his obituary:

http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/jackson/obituary.aspx?n=quincy-rice&pid=181918204

Rice, Quincy age 41, of Jackson, gained his wings on October 10, 2016. He was preceded in death by his father, William Rice. He is survived by his mother, Theresa Boyle; daughter, Shiann Wheeler; son, Zane Wheeler; granddaughter, Zaybrianna Wheeler; brother, Shannon Stebelton; sister, Briana Stebelton; niece, Precious Stebelton; loving ex-wife, Lisa Wheeler; his MMA family; his brothers from another mother, Anthony Mychael and Joe Sharpe; and many other nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Quincey devoted his life to the sport of MMA and had many supporters worldwide. He was faithful member of Apostolic Tabernacle and devoted his life to following God and it was very important to him, he will be greatly missed. He was also the founder of the Lazarus project. Quincey's legacy will live on through his children, granddaughter, and his fighters. A celebration of life will be held at 11am on Friday, October 14, 2016 at First Congregational Church, 120 N Jackson St, Jackson, MI, with visitation one hour prior, Pastor Ken Bass officiating.

Sooo what the fuck happened??? Phone Post 3.0