R.I.P Train Judo

Bigfoots Dick - Sooo what the fuck happened??? Phone Post 3.0
No one will say. Phone Post 3.0

Ghetto-Top-Team - 

Because it's not important.  People should be remembered by how they lived not how they died. 

David@accu - 
Ghetto-Top-Team - 

Because it's not important.  People should be remembered by how they lived not how they died. 

I agree, but it could help some people make needed changes in their lives.  (not trying to be a dick or argue, so please do not take it that way).

Ghetto-Top-Team - 

I always say that other than human curiosity it doesnt really matter what happened...the person is still gone

I lost friends to stupid choices and other friends want to know details and I always say who cares..they are gone, and one day when I see them I will punch them in the nose and then hug them.

It is human nature to want to know, and I think most can figure this out...but it does not change the end result or the sadness of those that loved the person.

I wish there was a way for people in the community to get real help and support from other members with experience

Just too many tragedies

ShanTheMan - I didn't know the Trigg thing LMAO

I will always recall his "to the mod who froze me" video. I think I still have PMs from him from many years ago. Good dude, RIP

The thread can still be found. 

I didn't TTT it because there was a lot of shit-talking on it.

Funny to me though.

Thanks to those who revived his threads and eulogize him here.

snakepitz - 
Ghetto-Top-Team - 

I always say that other than human curiosity it doesnt really matter what happened...the person is still gone

I lost friends to stupid choices and other friends want to know details and I always say who cares..they are gone, and one day when I see them I will punch them in the nose and then hug them.

It is human nature to want to know, and I think most can figure this out...but it does not change the end result or the sadness of those that loved the person.

I can see your point, but I also believe that knowing just might help someone else who may be going down the same road and prevent them from meeting the same fate. Regardless, RIP TJ.

I remember him from the UG long ago when I actually used to hang out there. But, after stopping traneing and growing bored of how that place was/is I stopped reading it a lot of years ago.

He was funny and provocative, that is for sure.

RIP to TJ.

The Ghost Of Swayze - 
snakepitz - 
Ghetto-Top-Team - 

I can see your point, but I also believe that knowing just might help someone else who may be going down the same road and prevent them from meeting the same fate. Regardless, RIP TJ.

I see your point as well my friend

There are many people that were his personal friends on here that I am sure know details and when they feel it is appropriate they may share. There is a reason they are not and we should all respect that.

It goes without saying my heart goes out to anyone that is reading this that is experiencing excruciating pain or anguish whether it be mental or physical.

A family death is a very stressful and personal thing, being that we are not members of his family it would not be right to broadcast or speculate on the cause of death. 

An absolute legend. Watching his videos making fun of buttfloppers are some of my earliest memories in the world of martial arts. It is a real shame that I never got to meet the guy.

My favorite time on the UG was back when he was posting. There were a lot of characters running around on the forum. Reading those threads brings back lots of good memories. Phone Post 3.0

2JupitersTooMany - My favorite time on the UG was back when he was posting. There were a lot of characters running around on the forum. Reading those threads brings back lots of good memories. Phone Post 3.0

Same. After lurking during the wild west days I finally signed up because it was just too much fun to not be a part of. Made a few actual friends along the way, Q was one of them.

It was different here back then. TJ being gone forever is yet another reason it will never really be the same again. And I agree, reading all that old stuff and seeing all those old names really took me back to what was a different time here, and a very different time in my life as well. 

Good times

This is what we should remember

Is there anyway someone could pull up some threads when he and DANTHEWOLFMAN were going at it?  I remember one thread in particular when Quincy started making fun of wolfman's constant name dropping.

Hitachi70 - 

Is there anyway someone could pull up some threads when he and DANTHEWOLFMAN were going at it?  I remember one thread in particular when Quincy started making fun of wolfman's constant name dropping.

That would be awesome

RIP Quincy Rice Phone Post 3.0

Hitachi70 - TrainJudo was really a funny guy I don't think he had a bad post. He was as funny in person as he was on the forum, he wasn't a troll who would anonymously hide behind a computer screen, but didn't have the guts to say the things he wrote about to peoples faces. Quincy would do just that, he was as real of a person as you could get. Monetarily, Quincy was born poor, grew up poor, and died poor. However, his indomitable, giving, and loving spirit made him one of the richest guys in the world. I grew up very close to where he grew up and many looked down on people from the areas where he was from, calling them white trash and stupid. This is a huge misconception, just because Quincy and many others like him did not have the same opportunities as others who were more fortunate did not mean they were stupid. Quincy was probably close to if not a genius, he wrote well, he spoke well, and he had a wide range of knowledge and interests in many things that people with advanced degrees do not have.

Of all the funny things he did, and there are way too many to count, I think my favorite was when he was trolling Frank Trigg. Frank Trigg had a pod cast and he was discussing how much of an asshole Quincy was. Quincy called the show and brought up naked Pictures Frank posed for when he was in college. Trigg responded, "yeah well that was 10 years ago" Quincy then said "Just because you sucked a dick 10 years ago doesn't mean you still aren't a fagit". Very funny guy! He will be greatly missed.
Good post. Phone Post 3.0

Crush Crawfish -
Elihu - So another fact about Quincy. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I met Quincy in 1999. At the Gomez Academy in MI we had the following guys train often: Dave Knaggs, Dave Gardner, D., Garcia, Jason Ireland and a bunch of other tough SOB's.

I was just starting out but Quincy was always giving me pointers, esp. with leg attacks. And back then, we did all kids of subs on each other. There was no federation rules, gi vs no-gi, or funky guards. He was the first guy I had met that incorporated sambo, bjj, judo, wrestling into his game.

So now in 2016, I tell my students that my liking of leg attacks started back then and Quincy was a big help. He would show up looking like he just left the bar, chew in his mouth. Walk in, change and start shark tanks. Puke for 3min. and go back at it. Like I said before, a straight up guy who said what he felt. Good times at the Gomez academy and in the basement of the hardware store on Packard in Ann Arbor.

One of my first nights up there I was rolling with a guy who kept going for leg locks and I kept defending them, Quincy complimented my defense and I said "Thanks, us BJJ guys are scared of them so I've worked hard on it." Next round Q plops down and leg locks me like 46 times, gives me this assholey smirk and says "I could leg lock a snake, butt flopper" lol
Lmao.... Good stuff man, I literally laughed it loud. Phone Post 3.0

Some more things that I would like to add...

1.  Quincy was a lifelong wrestler, and a very good one.  I believe he was a state champion for Western High School in Parma, Michigan.  He then went on to wrestle at Muskegon Communtiy College, which at the time had one of the best junior College programs in the country.  Quincy actually did not get into Judo until he was in his mid 20's.  I think the reason why he identified himself as a Judoka was because of the late Walter Lamb.  Walter Lamb was a great human being who was a throw back to another era, and Quincy was one of the most loyal people I have ever met.  Walter was like a father figure to Quincy and Quincy was loyal to him.  After just a few months of training with Walter, Quincy diceded he was going to call himself a Judoka probably out of respect to Walter.

2.  Quincy did not hate BJJ, Quincy had a thirst for knowledge and took all that he could from everything he could get whether it was Judo, Sambo,, BJJ or Submission Grappling.  The JacktownJudoka was just a comical character.  Quincy loved to get a rise out of people, and the martial art with the most practicioners on MMA.TV were BJJ guys.  What would be better for Quincy then being an anti-BJJ heel on a pro BJJ message board?  However in real life he definately was not anti-BJJ and much of his grappling game was influenced by BJJ.