Rafael Mendes responds on topic of superfight

Soul Gravy - But it's those no prize money comps (Mundials etc) that have built his reputation and put his name on the scene, just like any other athlete. Without entering and winning those comps, nobody would have heard of him, and actually without those comps we probably wouldn't have heard ofany other BJJers outside of the Gracies. I think you have to take the major IBJJF comps out of the equation because the are the foundations of Sport BJJ, and it's a given that everybody fights in them no matter what.

I'm in 100% agreement with you over the issue of any loss not damaging his reputation. These guys are all top of the food chain and the difference between winning and losing is minute. Anybody who suddenly thinks "I'm not following Mendes/Cobrinha/whoever because they lost a match" is an idiot.

James

BackAddict347x - I definitely hope this match gets the chance to go down, it'd be great to see.

I couldn't agree more, it would be amazing to watch!!!

JJK - 
BackAddict347x - I definitely hope this match gets the chance to go down, it'd be great to see.

I couldn't agree more, it would be amazing to watch!!!

I've actually trained a fair amount with the Mendes bros, and a small bit with Cobrinha, so its very hard for me to pick a favorite. Both the Mendes Bros, and Cobrinha were like the nicest human beings you could ever meet with a heavy accent that said "for sure" every other couple of sentences, lol.