Rampage: Breaking point was White talking s---

HexRei - 
CindyO - 
HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

the last straw was when they kept me out of prison

This is probably the most ridiculous part of the whole story. Dana claimed he flew out to OC and posted Rampage's bail. This is probably true. However, this bail was about 25 grand. Rampage had this money. The reason Dana got there first was probably because he lives like an hour away by plane. Rampage assuredly had the WHOPPING 25,000 in assets to post bail, Dana just happened to be the guy who got there first (and Dana got the money back... so he's out a couple hundred bucks for a media bite that makes him sound like a hero).

Furthermore, even if Page hadn't had the money... he wouldn't have gone to prison. He might have stayed in jail for a day or two extra before being matrixed out even if he chose not to have one of his people post the paltry bail. The idea that Dana somehow saved him from prison is absurd- Dana didn't bribe the DA or a jury, Page wouldn't have ended up in prison anyway, Dana didn't buy him out of the charges.

No disrespect to you Rainier, I just think this is bordering on silliness here.

Yep, DW could have (and should have) left his ass sitting in jail but there was this thing called friendship that he and Rampage shared at the time so when you're friends need you you're supposed to be there for them. So he dropped the rest of his day and boarded the jet for CA to be there for his 'friend.' What a dumb-ass, huh?

Cindy

Yeah, cause I called him a dumb-ass (clue, I wouldn't hyphenate if I had).

Cindy

LOL! No, I'm calling DW the dumbass because he goes waaaaaaaaaay above and beyond behind the scenes for his fighters (and their families) and it seems the ones he does the most for are the ones who stab him in the back in some manner... like Rampage.

Cindy

CindyO -
HexRei - 
CindyO - 
HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

This is probably the most ridiculous part of the whole story. Dana claimed he flew out to OC and posted Rampage's bail. This is probably true. However, this bail was about 25 grand. Rampage had this money. The reason Dana got there first was probably because he lives like an hour away by plane. Rampage assuredly had the WHOPPING 25,000 in assets to post bail, Dana just happened to be the guy who got there first (and Dana got the money back... so he's out a couple hundred bucks for a media bite that makes him sound like a hero).

Furthermore, even if Page hadn't had the money... he wouldn't have gone to prison. He might have stayed in jail for a day or two extra before being matrixed out even if he chose not to have one of his people post the paltry bail. The idea that Dana somehow saved him from prison is absurd- Dana didn't bribe the DA or a jury, Page wouldn't have ended up in prison anyway, Dana didn't buy him out of the charges.

Yep, DW could have (and should have) left his ass sitting in jail but there was this thing called friendship that he and Rampage shared at the time so when you're friends need you you're supposed to be there for them. So he dropped the rest of his day and boarded the jet for CA to be there for his 'friend.' What a dumb-ass, huh?

Cindy

Yeah, cause I called him a dumb-ass (clue, I wouldn't hyphenate if I had).

Cindy

LOL! No, I'm calling DW the dumbass because he goes waaaaaaaaaay above and beyond behind the scenes for his fighters (and their families) and it seems the ones he does the most for are the ones who stab him in the back in some manner... like Rampage.

Cindy

Rampage behaves like a petulant brat.

Great fighter back in the day and a genuinely interesting character - ruined by petulance. Phone Post 3.0

will someone please romo dana's head on arona for the slam.gif

Considering Dana's position in the UFC and MMA in general, I think he should show far more maturity and professionalism. If I were a fighter, I'd hesitate to be associated with someone as childish and disrespectful as him.

Yah because Bjork would be fucking happy as shit if you missed weight in Bellator

yeah cuz promoters are usually ecstatic when their fighters dont make weight.......and all he did was talk shit about him, poor little guy, other fighters have been cut for not making weight

ssj - Rampage is superior to all you keyboard warrior virgins

and probably richer too

Superior in what ways? Does the fact that he is a pro fighter make him a better person? How many people on this forum have gone on a rampage through their towns in Monster trucks? Shown zero gratitude to their employers that paid them a ton of money to perform their jobs? Did not show up for their jobs prepared (missed weight)? Publicly degrade the company they work for? Insult their boss who tried to help them when they were in trouble?
I was an enormous Rampage fan when he was in Pride. Since then Ive met Quentin several times and everytime I was disappointed. Maybe I caught him on bad days but he was not the most friendly, humble guy in the room the 4x's I met him.
I think he made a wise choice with Bellator and Tna for himself, but he needs to move on and be thankful for the opportunity he had at Zuffa.

As far as richer. Who cares that doesnt define a good person.
But for the record he is not wealthier than everyone here. Phone Post

All do respect for Rampage, he gave some memorable fights and is one of the most charismatic and entertaining fighters out there. But he is just being a Diva now. He is happy right now so why don't let things rest. He made a bunch of cash and was champ @ UFC, good time to just move on!

I wonder who complains more between him and Diaz fans Phone Post

Chris27 -
tonytr - He missed weight and because Dana was understandably not happy about it he decided to leave. LMAO.

I believe his beef was he was hurt, UFC knew he was hurt but he stayed on the card cause it was Japan and he was the big name guy on the card.

So he felt like he was doing the UFC a favor and the fact they knew he was hurt they should give him a break but Dana shitted on him in the media for missing weight.

Thats what I believe that whole thing was about. So to him he was doing the UFC a favor by taking the fight hurt and Dana should have given him a break for missing weight instead of shitting on him.

. Phone Post 3.0

HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

What you think probably could've or wouldn't happen,doesn't change the facts of what really happened.Its ridiculous to argue against the facts with probably could've and wouldn't.
You can't change history with what you think Rampage could have done with out Dana White.

Dana White did fly to So Cal to bail Rampage out of jail.
Where Dana lives doesn't change the fact that he got in a plane and flew to So Cal to bail him out of jail.Dana White and the UFC did stand by Rampage after he decided to lose his mind a run from the police in a monster truck,putting innocent people's life's in danger.

As far as prison or jail time goes,no one knows what could've happened if he went to trial and was found guilty,so there is no point in assuming what could've or wouldn't happen.

PeaceThroughStrength - 
HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

What you think probably could've or wouldn't happen,doesn't change the facts of what really happened.Its ridiculous to argue against the facts with probably could've and wouldn't.
You can't change history with what you think Rampage could have done with out Dana White.

Where Dana lives doesn't change the fact that he got in a plane and flew to So Cal to bail him out of jail.Dana White and the UFC did stand by Rampage after he decided to lose his mind a run from the police in a monster truck,putting innocent people's life's in danger.

As far as prison or jail time goes,no one knows what could've happened if he went to trial and was found guilty,so there is no point in assuming what could've or wouldn't happen.

This, and all for a fighter who went 7-5 in the UFC--and made more than $20 million in the past 6 years.

I was a fan of Rampage until he became such a drama queen.

Hopefully his new deal will deliver what he needs, whatever that means.

PeaceThroughStrength - 
HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

If what might have happened otherwise is irrelevant, what exactly did Dana accomplish and how did he help Rampage, realistically? Posting bail doesn't keep someone out of a trial, are you saying Dana bought the DA somehow?

HexRei - 
PeaceThroughStrength - 
HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

If what might have happened otherwise is irrelevant, what exactly did Dana accomplish and how did he help Rampage, realistically? Posting bail doesn't keep someone out of a trial, are you saying Dana bought the DA somehow?

Dude, don't be stupid. Dana stood by Rampage in many ways when that happened. They could've cut Rampage after that BS stunt he pulled. Instead they stood by him and took a lot of heat for it. I still don't think it was the right move, but Rampage is the last person who should be criticizing the UFC. He should be showing more gratitude and less diva-like behavior.

MMALOGIC - sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend... spike is a perfect fit for him.
Amen Phone Post 3.0

Those damn energy drinks get me every time. Phone Post 3.0

Old Thrashbarg - 

You know what would've prevented Dana from being able to talk shit on Page missing weight?

Page making weight. Phone Post

voted up for simplicity...
he signed the contract.
he got injured
he didn't pull out of the fight.
he lost...

.....don't yell at me either guys, it makes me sad

Please, Rampage was well on this path well before he missed weight.

Rampage is one of my favorite fighters of all time but he needs to either take some responsibility or quit bitching altogether already.

Chiron - 
HexRei - 
PeaceThroughStrength - 
HexRei - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

Dude, don't be stupid. Dana stood by Rampage in many ways when that happened. They could've cut Rampage after that BS stunt he pulled. Instead they stood by him and took a lot of heat for it. I still don't think it was the right move, but Rampage is the last person who should be criticizing the UFC. He should be showing more gratitude and less diva-like behavior.

Why don't you stop being so fucking stupid? Dana didn't do that because he's kind, he did it because Rampage was a huge star at the time, had held the belt just days earlier and had made the UFC a shit ton of money. LOL at this idea that Rampage owes Dana anything, that was all business.