rampage's dog?

His site says they start at $2,500 so I am not sure where the 20k figure is comming from.

$2,500 dollars is not out of sight for certain breeds from the right lines IMO. That said I see nothing on this guys site to indicate his dogs are anything special other than that they are rare. Their rarity is not of its self a justification if the dogs are not better in any way than other bandogs IMO.

One thing I find "interesting" is that he says the dogs came to be by mixing 8 different breeds but refuses to say which eight, it is a tightly guarded secrete. I think this is funny because just knowing what eight breeds are involved would not allow one to recreate what took him 20 yrs to create (according to him).

For example, the dogo argentino was created to be the ultimate boar hunting dog its orginators used 11 breeds to creat the dogo over the course of 30 yrs. The dogo is now a distinctive breed. They are arguably the best boar hunting dogs. The info is out on what 11 breeds were used. One of them is now extinct but even if it were not it would be a terribly difficult, time consuming (it would take decades), and costly procedure to re-create dogos from the elements used. And there is no guarantee you would come up with the same dog at the end of it all. Why would one want to reinvent the wheel?

If this guy are genuinely created something unique and superior there would be no problem saying what breeds were used as the foundation.

I might have a secrete cookie recipie but I could still tell you it uses flour, eggs, butter, sugar. etc.

The more I see of this guy the more he seems like a gimmick make a quick buck breeder. I have no expierence with him nor with any of the dogs he has produced so I cannot say that for sure. I will say I am highly dubious however

Who the hell pays 20K for a dog?

My American Bulldog: $300 in adoption fees. And I'm willing to bet he would punk that mastiff.

He had to be inflating the price. Otherwise he didnt do his research and got scammed.

Maybe he bought the dog a 10,000 blinged out collar and includes that :P