Randy Couture Over Rated

Another completely idiotic UG thread.

People here still don't understand the difference of being popular and being overrated.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

TTT

Randy is the man, but taking Fedor? C'mon. No way. Sure he beat Sylvia, but put him up against any other top heavyweight and his head will get knocked off. Of course I said the same thing about him vs. Sylvia...

"However, while dominance can make you a great fighter, it is NOT THE ONLY PATH TO GREATNESS"

GREAT STATEMENT.

I just wanted to put it in perspective. Randy is good but he is not Fedor.

As for major upsets in MMA, I have yet to see a no one KO a proven DOMINANT Champion.

"Ricco and Barnett were undeniably top heavyweights."

Not to mention he was tooling both of them for the 1st few rds until he got reversed. If Randy had 15 more lbs on him, he would have beat both of them. He was a LHW fighting HW and still giving them all they can handle.

"As for major upsets in MMA, I have yet to see a no one KO a proven DOMINANT Champion."

The closest I can come up with is nino Schebri beating Sakuraba. While Sak held no official title in Pride, he would have been the uncrowned champion at what the UFC calls middleweight. Schembri actually won by KO (knee).

Randy is one of the greatest of the sport.

Ive spoken, therefore it is true.

How can he be overrated? He just beat Sylvia, who was listed as #5 HW.

Of course, he ain't beating Fedor.

just like randy said,nomatter what i do from here on i will always be an underdog.
ttt for Randy,my hero.

Randy has won and Randy has lost.  Either way, he did it with dignity and with sportsmanship... the way any fighter or athlete should. 

He works hard, trains hard and fights hard.  He's great for the sport both as a fighter and as a person. 

To me, that's all that matters.

MMA needs more people like him. 

"Randy has won and Randy has lost. Either way, he did it with dignity and with sportsmanship... the way any fighter or athlete should.

He works hard, trains hard and fights hard. He's great for the sport both as a fighter and as a person.

To me, that's all that matters.

MMA needs more people like him. "

Agree with every word of that. Thats fine and great.

Just don't go calling guy who is 15-8, with losses to less than top shelf competition on his record, an all time great in terms of his in ring performances.

You can criticize some of his losses but not his character

I agree, I am a huge Randy fan..

I don't put him 2 or 3 on my all time p4p list. Those names are reserved for Dominant Champs like Fedor.

"but WAAAYY overrated here."

Again...he is popular, not overrated. There is a difference.

How can you be overrated when you are always the underdog? And if you keep winning as the underdog that makes you underrated.

He would be considered overrated if he was 20-2, ranked #3, and fought guys like Dos Caros all the time.

as far as credentials go randy isnt over-rated. how many times do you have to become champion and still be the underdog for you to not be called OVER-RATED?

He's over rated because every one here thinks he is one of the best champs of all time

For doubting Randy, all of you will go right to hell.

"Were Randys wins at the time great? Definatly. Do they still look great now that we know how some of his opponents have done in the current level of competition? Hardly

Kevin Randleman is still the same clueless wrestler he was "in his prime". Vitor Belfort stopped being impressive the minute he had to fight legit competition instead of fat guys like Scott Ferrozzo or John Hess."

I don't agree with this logic.

It would be like saying that just b/c Mike Tyson has let his boxing career going down the drain, that Buster Douglass KOing him when he was at the height of his career was meaningless.

Tyson was dominant when he lost to Douglas. Randleman loss to top competition before his fight with Couture and Vitor had only beaten B level competition.