Randy explains his decision

Huge randy fan but I don't support him if he wants to just pursue a movie career. At least fight the rest of your contract out and then bounce with all the respect like he had when he lost to chuck.

Say it ain't so randy...

Regardless...the UFC will go on. Randy, though he is beloved, will be
forgotten by the mainstream.

randy should be inducted to tha HOF all over again

Go Randy

2nd and final time Couture was disrepected to the point where he left the UFC. Same old stuff as happened with Penn, Bustamonte, Coleman, Pulver - all champs or active former champs the UFC lost.

Randy is probably my favorite fighter ever.

But even aside from any personal bias in his favor, there is no question - absolutely NONE - that Randy is one of the 2 or 3 biggest draws in the UFC today, along with Chuck and Tito.

And given Chuck's recent losses and Tito's subpar performances, Randy is very arguably even the #1 draw and single most popular UFC fighter currently.

So there is NO justification for him being around the 7th highest paid fighter in the UFC.

And also, no justification for the brazen disrespect of being placated and lied to and told that he is the second highest paid guy, when Randy himself KNOWS otherwise.

That is just insulting.

Randy says it wasn't just about the money, but also the personal DISRESPECT:

"But Couture said it was a lack of respect by the UFC, in particular its president Dana White, that led him to resigning."

"Beyond the money, both Couture and his wife Kim stressed Thursday's resignation from the UFC was about respect."

(from: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9455)

Go Captain America. This fan will follow and support you wherever.

FUCK OFF to every fucking idiot who disrespects the greatest champion in all of MMA, Fedor!!!!!! FUCK off to ever idiot who disrespects the greatest champion in the UFC, Randy!!!

FEDOR is the greatest, even Randy respected the man and wanted to test himself agaist the GREAT ONE.

Bitches better realized, Fedor is the man, Randy is the man, both these guys are not going to be bitches of Dana White, both these men make their own decisions. I fucking love this !!!!

To all you assholes who disrespect either of these great men, FUCK YOU.

TTT for Randy!

One thing is for sure. The market is evolving. Back in 1996 the UFC was the only big MMA organisation and then came Pride and we all know what happend.

The UFC will not be forever the only big show and who knows maybe M1 will be the next Pride. Fedor is under a contract and I think there is a strong possibility that they have to talked to Randy and may set up the big fight and within month things can change and other fighter will move to the M1. There is always change in the game.

Take care
Björn

Good move by Randy. Dana White has always been a hack, and the Fertitas are dirty with the NSAC in their pocket.

Tito, Frank Shamrock, etc. have been pointing this out for years.

"I think there is a strong possibility that they have to talked to Randy and may set up the big fight"

I agree, and mentioning the Fedor fight as a reason for abandoning the UFC will do wonders for raising awareness.

All I want to know is whether this move was STREET or not.

meh. Randy does nothing for me as a fighter. I will not miss him.

Man this is rough.

I wish Randy luck but I hate to see him go.

It's always about money no matter what they say.

Date: 10/12/07 02:45 PM
122 Total Posts Ignore User

All I want to know is whether this move was STREET or not.

LOL!

Cindy

Between Monte's comments on the IFL, the shady practices of Pride, and now this story about the UFC, is there not one well-managed large MMA organization?

Maybe Mark Cuban will be the future of MMA.

RC is to the UFC as say Bret Farve is to the NFL, you dont fuck with this guy, he is a hero, a legend, and for fucks sake the best god damn thing that ever happened to Dana " fucking joke" White. Dana dont play nice, neither does the talent that makes you millions bitch!
War Couture!
I will always be a fan!
Fuck Dana.
His bullshit is unfolding!
Edited because of pizza hicups so fuck off

BLAF you are a TOOL. YOU make me realize how happy I am that 99 percent of my life is not in front of the computer. You are a total loser. So fuck you and your fucking gay sperm sucking bullshit! God you are a total fucking loser. Randy Couture's money shot has more talent than you have in your best dreams about yourself. Fuck you you fucking jackass fairy!

TTT