Ranking the best two division champions

I edited my post.

There’s no champion in UFC’s history to have been suspended and failed more drug test than Jon Jones.

The way some of you are disagreeing with my list, it’s as if you would put more emphasis on a fighter winning a title early on, then taking lots of time to move up and get good at those skills, not be able to make their previous weight, and after several years not being the man, then when they win the belt, you equate their “two belt champion” the same as someone who was the best at two weights within a year.

I’m going based off title reign and quality of the fighter/competition

McTapper had no title runs with either belt. They automatically puts him dead last

Two of your top three literally took three years off when they were considered the best at their division, before they moved up.
BJ Penn was already an established UFC Lw Champion prior to fighting Hughes. You won’t be able to look at a LW at that timeframe and say they were better/more established than Penn was. Same for Hughes at welterweight.

You didn’t start watching MMA until 2008, so there’s a reason why you’re not picking up what I’m trying to lay down.

Henry
DC
GSP
BJ Penn
Henderson
Conor
Jones
Randy

1 Like

If by “established LW champion” you mean a loss to Jens and a draw with Uno, yes, he was established.

I first watched in 2004 didn’t become a huge fan till 2007

Props for having a list, but assuming Henry is #1, I have no idea what you are putting emphasis on for your list to have any consistency.

Who are you suggesting was the better lightweight in the world at the time BJ Penn went up to fight Matt Hughes?

Is Cormier the only one to successfully defend both titles? :thinking: If so he might technically be the best when strictly rating double champions.

Atleast CCC defended both titles. He also beat the GOAT.

What injury did TJ have? Also he didn’t retire, he was caught on PEDs and suspended. He came back to fight Sandhagen after his suspension (edit)

Thats more than Conor did with his title (edit)

1 Like

It’s Penn. He beat a HOF (imo the 2nd greatest WW of all time) too get his heavier belt (not Bisping, Eddie Alvarez or Gane etc) and not only beat him he SUH-mashed him. Obliteration.

1 Like