Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

They have never been released and they never will be. Sorry guys. Scott Bessac

Those will never be released. Some were brutal and looked like attempted murder so sorry guys. Scott Bessac

2 Likes

Hey Scott,

If this is you…the training tape are online.I know because I have seen one.Maybe not all of them,but I have seen some.

At least the one in Susanville.

1 Like

If this is the real Scott Bessac…If you don’t mind me asking…what’s the name of the racquetball club where you & Ken trained before he opened up the Lion’s Den?

1 Like

Lol,twin arbors. What you saw was the watered down jump in where they wore gloves and shin pads. The real deal ones were nothing but wrestling shoes,spandex pants and you go 30 mins. No protective gear of any kind. Oh and how do you know where we slammed iron,lol?

2 Likes

Ladies & gentleman…this is the real Scott Bessac.

Scott,

I go back a long ways in NHB/MMA.You can check SOME of my knowledge here.It really sucks that so many of my pictures are gone.

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/remember-the-lions-den-team/1705166

1600 pages, I’m not reading through it. Aren’t there additional Gracie challenge videos out there that are not super well known or easy to find?

We stopped jumping guys in like we did in the beginning. Myself, Vernon, Frank,Guy,Tom,Noah,James Matthews, and Mikey Balistairos got the old way. The ones after didn’t. That’s why when you have a fighter say well most of what you hear about the Den is myth it’s cuz they came later and they had no idea what was happening on a higher level of young boys

4 Likes
3 Likes

Cool. Scott Bessac. We met at a Fearless Fighting event in Virginia in 1996. I always wondered what happened to you after that night

@Gunthug1,

Any chance that you seen your fight with The Ghetto Man Joe Charles? Sherdog says that you lost by armbar,but it looks like maybe a wristlock?

I don’t remember seeing it on the PPV because it was a alternate fight.

I have access to it if you would like to see it?

1 Like

I broke my hand on Joe in 1st minute so when he got on top of my hand it wasn’t a submission I thought well he can bust the bone out the skin and no fighting for 9 to 12 months or tap cast up and be back quick. No excuses though don’t get that twisted just a bad bit of luck

1 Like

I had already sustained a major brain injury and was not allowed to ever fight again but I did big mistake I couldn’t even remember why I was there much less winning.retired with no frontal left lobe and now try everyday to not become unhinged. :unicorn:

Mr Miller… long time lurker paying respect to the old guard.

Reading your bio, I can relate… I offloaded literally skids of VHS, and it was heartbreaking.

In this crazy world, this new fandom, this youtube gen… is there anything that would truly fill this void?

My silly grail remains Tent Tumble 1 / 2… I have seen snippets, and when it finally goes online… it will be with zero fanfare… no kudos to the event gang (funny in this case), vid crew, uploader, etc… i.e. if a tree falls in the forest, does anybody care?

Appreciating the parallel puroresu history thread, but shedding tears here comparing new community vs. old.

Summarizing… I know you must have many, many stories … forget about footage… that is what this thread needs to continue imo.

DUNK1

1 Like

The memories and experiences I have are far more important than tangible objects.

Sometimes it would be nice to have proof though. It’s one thing to say “I beat that guy”, it’s another to show it

I’m surprised that Miller don’t remember Tent Tumble.I remember the VHS tape being put out by Headless Horse Promotions.I believe they had a guy come out of the crowd to fight.I do remember the fighters being interviewed & some getting arrested.Just a horrible show all around.The ring ropes were way too flimsy & some guys got beat up bad.

Kalib Starnes fought in one of them for sure & might have been both.

1 Like

Frank Dux in the Kumite. Ha!

I remember viewing them once. They were a smaller event taped unprofessionally and I had no idea who any of the fighters were at the time.

To be honest nothing in them really stands out for me. It has been around 20 years since I watched them though

Whats up Clayton? Long time no see! Hope you’re doing well.
Is a digital copy of Cage Combat 2 out there? I had a (VHS) copy of it but lost it.
There were a bunch of the smaller Iowa/midwest shows on Youtube (including that event you put on at the armory in Centerville) but they all got pulled. :frowning:

Why were they pulled? I don’t have access to anything anymore. I was really hoping some old school guys on here could help but the old,old ones are gone