Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

Miller/Ryan G/Damion/etc.,

What is the rarest tape out there? What is the holy grail of MMA collecting?

Yes, I am bored.

DUNK1

The tape where Tito fights Chuck.

That's a keeper...

;)

2 Likes

Heh heh.. good one!

DUNK1

"The tape where Tito fights Chuck."

Actually Tito and Chuck fought in Cradle 2 The Grave if you want to be that peculiar.

1 Like

There was some event on Guam where Riley fought...

the Pentagon Combat show with Bustamante vs Bohlander is pretty hard to find. The Kuwait show with Pele vs hughes is probably the one you're talking about though

Murray/Tito, wasn't there a myth of a tape there? Also Riccio/Robin, there was a video there but they claimed it was too dark to make anything out.

1 Like

Mars Rising Stars.Not Reality Superfighting but the 8 man tournament that was held earlier in the day

1 Like

"the Pentagon Combat show with Bustamante vs Bohlander is pretty hard to find. The Kuwait show with Pele vs hughes is probably the one you're talking about though "

You've got to be shitting me.Both of those are fairly easy to find.In fact that COWA guy used to sell Pentagon Combat on his website way back in the day.

There was an event years ago. It was in Hawaii and had Fred Floyd, Kimo and John Lewis.This was before Extreme Fighting even. If there's a tape of that it has to be very rare.I think it was called Ultimate Pankration or something.

And I'm not talking about the event where Kimo fought Brian Johnston.

The hardest tape is the Rickson-Anjoh. I know of one person that has it and I've offered him alot of $ and he won't take it. IMO, that is the hardest tape to find.

4 Likes

yeah, I know, they used to sell it, but I didn't know of anyone who still did.

I was just guessing anyway

EF 3 and UFC 22 have both been released.

Pentagon combat is very easy to get. Tape traders had that one sent to everyone years ago and yes COWA also had it.

I would say Rickson vs Zulu 1. The first event they fought in when Zulu was 140-0 and Rickson was 20 years old.

Here are some, but there are lots that are more rare:

The first few Shooto events from 1989

Circuito de Lutas (Patino, Bunn...)

World Pankration

Ukrainian Oktagon

Gasei Vale Tudo (Braga, Duarte...)

The Wars 5 (Nakai, Minowa...)

Koppo Vale tudo (Uno...)

MARS Tryouts

Mr Strong Guy '96 (8 man with igor V.)

Clash of the Dragons

Tent Tumble 1 & 2

Vale Tudo Perceptions

1 Like

"Mars Rising Stars.Not Reality Superfighting but the 8 man tournament that was held earlier in the day"

I was there for the Mars event with Oleg, and didnt even know there would be a tournament before the main MARS show. We showed up at the venue hours before the event and saw a bunch of fights with absolutely no one in the audience. I think that Hanssen guy won the tourney...

1 Like

UCC 12 ...

Pulver vs Ludwig...

all of ricksons super hyped,behind the scenes fights that probably never freaking happend.

2 Likes

Good stuff. Thanks gents.

Was Clash of the Dragon's a legit event?

So I guess everyone agrees Rickson vs. Anjoh is the holy grail of MMA collecting?

Or is it one of the following:

Tito/Murray

Riccio/Robin

Rooftop NHB fighting with Coleman and Randleman

;-)

DUNK1

I have seen (maybe not all but a lot) the early shooto shows, where they fight on mats not in a ring, not sure how old they were but they seemed damn old.

Marc