Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

Isnt there a tape of someone trying a jump kick, and getting rock bottomed? I thought maybe it was travis Fulton doing the slamming, maybe? Id love to see a clip of that one.

1 Like

This thread is getting me thinking about what classic MMA tapes will be worth in 50 years.

Joe, that fight can be seen at www.superbrawl.tv

:)

1 Like

i m under the impression ifc 1 is rare, but i have it

I have the tape of Warriors Honour where Igor made his MMA debut. He lost in the final of the 8-man by a kneebar. That's about as bloody rare as they come.

So the MMA Tape Holy Grail List so far is:

Confirmed Tapes:

1) Rickson vs. Anjoh

2) Mars Rising Stars

3) ??

Unconfirmed Tapes:

1) Tito/Murray

2) Riccio/Robin

3) ??

Soon to be Released Tapes:

1) Rooftop NHB (Coleman/Randleman)

2) UCC 12 (Pulver/Ludwig)

3) ??

Heh heh.

DUNK1

How about Vale Tudo Maracanazinho with Baterelli vs. Zulu from 1984? I have it but it's a real shitty copy. Or the World Kung Fu Championships from 1981 with Ron Van Clief?

1 Like

murray knocking tito out would`ve great.

"UCC 12 ...
Pulver vs Ludwig..."

I have that on my PC, someone in the crowd had the presence of mind to tape it and rip it. I got it thanks to a canadian connection, Ludwig absolutely tore Pulver apart.

Most Shootboxing events in general are pretty hard to find..

Also King of Sanda

There are actually two versions of the IFC 1 event.

The US version cuts off before the final match with Igor Vovchanchyn vs John Dixon.

The Russian version includes the final match but was said to be released under the name "Night of Diamonds".

I've got the "so-called" US version but I haven't been able to locate the Russian "so-called" version.

There were also two UFC tapes released (non events) which were titled:

ULTIMATE BEHIND THE SCENES 1
ULTIMATE BEHIND THE SCENES 2

I haven't been able to find them in an NTSC format (I heard they sucked anyway) but if your a die hard collector...

you know miller is laughing throughout this thread. He's probably got every one of these "hard to find tapes". What's your tape collection up to these days miller? how many events? My collections stands at 46

"i see nothing called MARS rising stars on sherdogs"

To my knowledge, full results of this event have never been released anywhere. Mark Hanssen won the tournament. John Dixson, Moti Horenstein, and Sean McCully were all in the tournament as well.

Most of the Russian events are very rare. They're the hardest for me to find, at least.

There was a Brazilian event with Assuerio Silva vs. Charles Gracie. That's a rare one also.

I remember seeing an 80's VHS tape at a store with Chuck Norris on the front of the box. It looked to be a full contact karate tournament of some sort, any ideas on that one? Probably not rare, but just to keep the thread going.

Miller, apart from that MARS tourney, what is/are your holy grail(s)?

DUNK1

"nothing on those fighters records called mars rising stars"

I don't have the tape, but know the fights happened. Mark Hanssen (?spelling) won... It was for an alternate spot in Mars and future fights if Mars continued.

You guys are all wrong. Ask any tape trader and they will tell you the one tape that was made that no one has but everyone wants is....Tito Ortiz vs. Eugene JacksonI have talked to Tim Lacijk and Eugene Jackson and they cant even get a copy!

I think my rarest tapes are Bam Bam Bigelow vs Kimo and the tape where Doug Dedge dies

1 Like

Another rare one...

Oleg Taktarov tapped some nobody as well as Moti Horenstein in some event called National Freesparring. Both with kneebars. I believe they were the only two MMA fights on the card. The event took place somewhere in Europe. A buddy of mine told me he saw a picture of Horenstein being helped out of the ring, so there must've been video cameras on hand as well. Never heard of a tape of this event, though.

Awesome info...

However, the dirty word 'tape trader' came up! We are all gonna get banned!

DUNK1

There was an event in Atlanta with a young Jeremy Horn, Brian Dunn, Matt Andersen, and a few pro wrestlers. I think Don Frye was there too, not sure. Miller will know. I have a lot of local fights on tape that are hard to find, but many people in the area have them.