Rashad: Chael wasn't training. I was with him.

Warzone209 - 
crazydave -  

at what?

At stretching out yer moms diameter

john joe -
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble - 
orcus - 
Clarence Parents - In for the next spin on why JBJ did not take the fight.

No spin was ever needed, wanting 4 weeks instead of one week to prepare for a change of opponent is perfectly understandable.

...and causing 18 other low tier fighters to not be paid.

PERFECTLY understandable.

message #1 - "this is an individual sport, its not about teams, so you need to fight your team mates"

message #2 - "when deciding whether to accept a short notice replacement who has no business getting a title shot anyway, you need to give full consideration to the livelihoods of 18 people you dont know and have no relation to bar rendering services to the same company"

harsh as it sounds, jones is under no obligation to consider undercard fighters when he makes his decisions. Its his career, why should he? He's not a charity and never claimed to be

its odd, this whole episode is actually turning me into a jones fan, which i really wasnt at all prior to it. He stuck to his guns in the face of heavy pressure and knowing that it will certainly come back to bite him in the ass at some point

If Jon's actions have made you a fan....I feel for ya, bro Phone Post

Warzone209 -
thefaint - 
Warzone209 - 
thefaint - 
Tardiolli - "Dude, how can you NOT like Sonnen?"

Well besides being a convicted felon and a cheater, the guy is clearly an opportunist, of course he's smart going for the $$, but people should quit with the "oh huge balls" because any middleweight would love a shot at Jones, Weidman also wanted the fight for example.

Even if they get beat up it's big money with no risk involved.

Jones isn't too much better after getting a DUI while driving with two broads. And of course he's an opportunist. Seriously, name one fighter out there who isn't?

DUI=/=Felony ?  2 women which were in his car =/= Steroids?

Dig up the statistics on the number of people who are killed each year in drunk driving accidents vs. the number of those killed by money laundering and get back to me.

I guess i missed the part where he smashed into somebody vs a crime that chael actually committed.   Who knows me might have been getting some head and crashed into that pole alcohol wouldnt have mattered then keep your eyes on the road would have.

Again....DON'T FEED THE TROLL KNOWN AS WARZONE209. Phone Post

Clarence Parents -
Synado - Everyone ducks Chael.

I even ducked him in my UFC Undisputed 3 career.

Damn right, I did too. Too tough of a damn fight Phone Post

No idea if true but Hendo said he heard that JBJ also would not fight Sonnen on 9/22 either.

BlazerinTraining - Its not that he is that confident in himself, it's just that he wants to be relavent so bad he will say or do anything to do it. Even if it means getting his ass beat which is becoming a habit.

You know if we all just stop feeding his ego, he will go away. Once Dana sees that nobody likes him anymore and he is old news then he is gone.

Shamelessly chasing big money fights nearing the end of his prime. What a piece of garbage, how can he look himself in the mirror?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Sonnen is a Hell of a business man. Phone Post

You know who also doesn't take himself seriously? Bob Sapp. He's Chael Sonnen when all the hope of winning is lost. Sapp is a very intelligent man as well, see him in interviews. Like Sonnen he made up a persona which is supposed to appeal to the public. The difference is Chael taking his fighting seriously. But you need to win to keep that aura alive. If lackluster results overrun your hyping ability, you are in trouble. I think that's what happened to Sapp and then he lost the motivation to even train properly and lives of the ignorance of remote Countries who still believe he's a beast.

thefaint - 
Warzone209 - 
thefaint - 

Well besides being a convicted felon and a cheater, the guy is clearly an opportunist, of course he's smart going for the $$, but people should quit with the "oh huge balls" because any middleweight would love a shot at Jones, Weidman also wanted the fight for example.

Jones isn't too much better after getting a DUI while driving with two broads. And of course he's an opportunist. Seriously, name one fighter out there who isn't?

Dig up the statistics on the number of people who are killed each year in drunk driving accidents vs. the number of those killed by money laundering and get back to me.

Lol at statistics.
Not saying I like either guy better, just saying that's funny.

Alpha World Peace - 
Warzone209 -
thefaint - 
Warzone209 - 
thefaint - 

I guess i missed the part where he smashed into somebody vs a crime that chael actually committed.   Who knows me might have been getting some head and crashed into that pole alcohol wouldnt have mattered then keep your eyes on the road would have.

Again....DON'T FEED THE TROLL KNOWN AS WARZONE209. Phone Post

THIS. 

Alpha World Peace -
BlazerinTraining - Its not that he is that confident in himself, it's just that he wants to be relavent so bad he will say or do anything to do it. Even if it means getting his ass beat which is becoming a habit.

You know if we all just stop feeding his ego, he will go away. Once Dana sees that nobody likes him anymore and he is old news then he is gone.

Someone always has to take a dump in the punch bowl.

LOL. Phone Post

I don't care if Chael stick around. In fact he is entertaining and makes a great guy to root against. I just don't want to see someone get a title shot the way he almost did by simply talking crap. He hasn't fought in LHW in the against some of the current UFC, yet he gets an instant title shot after a loss at a lower weight class. At least Vitor has competed and was a LHW champ against some of the best UFC LHWs. Phone Post

thefaint - 

I don't see many fighters going out of their way to talk it up for a completely undeserved title shot, coming off a loss no less.

Not saying that he should be fire or any of that, but the whole Sonnen worship going on is all kinds of hilarious to me.

TTT Phone Post