"Rashad Evans would 'love' match up w/ Anderson"

Rashad Evans would "love" match up with Anderson Silva

by Jason Benfari on September 27, 2009

www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rashad-Evans-would-love-match-up-with-Anderson-Silva.html

"I would love to fight Anderson. I think I'd be able to match him in a lot of strengths. Anderson is very tricky, and so I'd have to get a few tricks, as well. It would be a fun fight, because Anderson is the man. You have nothing to lose. And he's such a nice dude. He's cool like Denzel Washington. I was sitting next to him at UFC 102, and he is just super-cool, and he can speak English a lot better than he lets on. He said, (slipping into Anderson Silva impression) 'Yeah, Brandon Vera, he needs to, ah, throw more elbows.' There was this fan that made a dash for him, and she dipped under the rope, but the security stopped her. She did it two more times, and was about to get kicked out. Then I told him, 'I think that girl wanted you.' And he said, 'Me? Oh.' And he goes over there, in the crowd, and takes a picture with her." -Rashad Evans

Former UFC light-heavyweight champion and current TUF 10 coach Rashad Evans expounds on his desire to face UFC middleweight champion and pound-for-pound great Anderson Silva.

Evans (13-1-1) is coming off a devastating knockout loss to Lyoto Machida at UFC 98 last May. The Jackson Submission trained fighter is currently coaching opposite heated rival Quinton "Rampage" Jackson on Spike TV's popular reality show, "The Ultimate Fighter", and was set to face the former champion before Jackson abruptly retired from the sport. 

Evans has since been heavily rumored to battle fellow top light-heavyweight contender Thiago Silva at UFC 108 on Jan. 2. Silva is also coming off of a brutal knockout loss to the undefeated Machida when the two squared off last January at UFC 94.

Silva (25-4) is fresh of a virtuoso beatdown of former UFC light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin at UFC 101. The fight was Silva's second at the weight, both of which ended with Silva scoring first-round knockouts.

The current middleweight champion, and the man many consider to be the best MMA fighter in the world pound-for-pound, will square off against resurgent UFC legend Vitor Belfort also at UFC 108. Belfort, who recently dropped down to middleweight from light-heavyweight, is 4-0 at the weight and is coming off of a huge first-round knockout over former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin at UFC 103.

If both fighters are to get past their respective challengers at UFC 108, which will be no small task, a match up between the two could come to fruition. Both thrive on challenges and could easily sell a PPV.

I'd watch it.

Anderson wins IMO..Probably make Rashad look worse than Machida did.

he was afraid to fight Randy

If Rashad actually used his wrestling he would have a decent chance at winning.

i wouldn't mind seeing it.

da Vinci 81 - If Rashad actually used his wrestling he would have a decent chance at winning.

Yes. Rashad would definitely have to utilize his wrestling in order to even have a chance against Mr. Anderson