RE: BadBradBurrick

In San Da Brad would beat Laimin Keita, I was the referee when Laimin fought Jermaine Andre... I've seen him up close

No offense and total respect to Brad, but he would not beat either Scott or Cung. Scott is a BMF, just most don't know it because they haven't seen him actually fight

I hate to re-state things, but perhaps eventually some one will listen?

I was doing Pro San Shou/Pro San Da back in 1997 and was doing it until the state athletic commission shut EVERY THING DOWN

That situation has everything to do with some "bad kids" not playing by the rules, and sadly, those same "bad kids" are still thumbing their noses and making things unhealthy for legit combat sports

I heard recently that the NYSAC has shut down white collar boxing as well.

It's sad, but if the maniacs doing underground crap would just stop it already, we might see some improvement

Well, I believe people brought up thoughs names as possible people I could fight if I went professional. Since it would be stupid for me to fight the champion on my first pro fight. They weren't giving their opinions as who they thought would win as you did. My opinion as to the possible results is obviously going to be different from yours and you told me alot with that comment.

When they shut down MMA in michigan we simple started doing it in Ohio and Indiana more.

Brad, try and understand that I'm not insulting you and I'm not trying to dis-respect your skill. But I don't think you have teh experience that either Scott or Cung has... and in that style.

Laimin Keita is very weak at throws, and so against you in San Da, he'd be very disadvantaged. He's also very tall for his weight, also a disadvantage in a wrestling game

Scott on the other hand has a lot of San da experience, and against the very best in the sport numerous times. You beat the current Russian champ which says a lot. But Scott has beaten a LOT of champions, and so the edge goes to him.

Think about it, if I didn't think you were a great amateur, would I have consistently promoted you as a fighter and set up title fights? I think you're a great fighter obviously, but experience means a lot. Scott has been in the China based IWUF worlds. Cung has been in THREE OF THEM

What's next to NY? NJ, where the athletic commission would let us do Pro San Da, but the cost and certifications would kill a new sport that is still growing. IN NY before the BS, we had the perfect opportunity to grow the sport.

Maybe some one should ask Scott if he'd fight Brad.

Just seems pointless for Brad to keep beating up people who aren't as skilled as he is.

and not getting paid while spending a ton of his own money to do it.

Well, thanks for clearly that up David. I know things on the internet can lead to some heat stuff over nothing. However, I believe that I must keep the mentality that another guy can not beat me. I feel this is essential for being a successful fighter. You must be confident in your abilities but of course not cocky. If I had the opportunity to fight any of the above fighters, I would train my ass off and bring them a fight. I'm still a Ranger at heart, even though not professionally, and Rangers lead the way!

Brad, well, I'm glad this didn't turn into something that it wasn't.

I do 100% understand your need for a "mental perspective" as a fighter. So just ignore my posts when I post as a "matchmaker" :) LOL!

On the forum, I often speak with different hats, promoter, matchmaker, trainer. As a promoter, I think you're a great asset to the sport. You ARE one of the up and coming fighters. I think that with the right experience you will be a world PRO champion one day. But we crawl before we walk, walk before we run, blah blah

DOn't worry too much, I am known to be brutally honest. When Yousef Taghizadeh was with me, he wanted to fight Marvin Perry. I told him flat out that he'd never win, most likely would get KO'd.

How does one go about getting an amatuer Sanda fight?

You can enter a tournament, like the USKBA Open championships in NJ on Sat Dec 10 (www.USKBA.com) and you'll fight whoever enters your division

Or you can send your info to me at LKFMDC@att.net and I can look for a match for you on my next show in NY

The USKBA event this December a very good one for sure! Good place to get your feet wet. Usually good turn out and some international teams Russia and Mongolia last year.

You can also submit an on-line fighter application to www.battleofbrooklyn.com  Next shows are Feb 4th (Battle of Brooklyn) and June 6th (Battle of Manhattan) and are also sanctioned by the USKBA. The shows are at Gleason's Gym and include San Da, Muay Thai, and Freestyle Sambo.  You can read more about the show on this MMA.tv thread: Battle of Brooklyn...AWSOME!!

There is also a USASKF Charity San Shou tournament on December 3rd: http://www.usaskf.org/index2.html This show is not as good as the USKBA show - it is not san da and not run as well. You will also have to wear a chest cover I believe. You will fight on a lei tai though which is fun.

The annual Arnold Shwartzanegger Event in Ohio (generally in March) also has a San Da every year. Also some good fighters. Last year brought a Chinese team and some other individual internationals.

Brad, everyone wants to see you continue and succeed in San Da. your speculation right now is fun stuff to read and think about. guys like you and Scott Sheeley (and others) are really keeping San Da in great shape and that is something that an awful lot of people appreciate.

glock4life, there are a couple of San Da spots open for the February 4th Battle of Brooklyn. the fighter application is available on the website. I would highly recommend you fill it out.

Oh I will continue! Thanks for the words Mark.

i saw Cung Lee fight Scott Sheely on ESPN2. Did you guys see it? In the first few rounds Cung was toying with Scott. But in round 2 (or 3) Scott got in a good throw that put Cung on his ass. Bad move for Scott. It seemed to piss Cung off. In the next sequence Cung seemed to perfectly time one of Scott's kicks and picked him up and slammed him on his face. Game over. I heard that Scott's orbital bone (just under the eye) was shattered like a busted egg.

With all due respect to Mr. Burrick, Cung is a VERY scary dude and he if ever fights him...be ready.

Is there a scheduled event that has pro San Da in the next year?

We were planning on doing pro bouts at Mohegan Sun until..... well, you know what happend there :(

yeah.... sucks

Any way of going back to the Mohegan Sun without Peter Rogers?

ttt

time to revisit this

ttt