Reaper Confident He Will Get a Trilogy

1 Like

“Whittaker says that he believes a third fight between them is inevitable because he’s going to stomp everyone that stands in front of him.

“He believes Israel will still be the champ when the time comes and that he will win the next one.”

Whittaker went on to say that he’ll decimate anyone who stands in his way (via Shaun Al-Shatti).

4 Likes

Fucken oath. Can’t keep a good man down

3 Likes

He won’t. That was the best he could offer and couldn’t get the job done. It’s like Cormier vs Jon Jones. He had moments of good in the fight but just not good enough.

8 Likes

Not with that attitude he won’t Barry.

4 Likes

Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor

3 Likes

Let’s go Bobby. I hope he does exactly what he says and stomps his way to one more try. He may have been tentative but that wasn’t his best showing by far and he was doing much better in the later rounds.

Lord, no!

1 Like

There should be no trilogies if it’s 2-0. That’s just a waste of a fighters prime fighting a guy 3 times, winning each. I hate trilogies even when it’s 1-1 for the most part. Variety is the spice of life ya goobers.

6 Likes

Nope Knukkles

It wasn’t a great fight. A fairly close one but it looked like Bobby’s only chance is to squeek out a decision. Which isn’t what gets fans excited about a fight.I don’t need a third one.

Izzy’s beatable though. He had trouble with Gastelum and was beaten by slow old Jan over 5 rounds. Very good, but beatable.

1 Like

Wouldn’t watch.

2 Likes

Well if he goes out and keeps winning more non title fights, and Israel still has the belt, it could happen eventually. Fan interest or not, he’s been the #2 guy of the division under Israel.

What’s the status of that guy Rogan was bonering about in his debut? Sorry, not a hardcore. I forget his name. Rogan was all “he’s made of mahogany” or whatever. The guy with wins over Izzy in kickboxing.

No desire to see a third fight between the two

3 Likes

If he does what he says and stomps everyone you have to give him the shot.

Outside of Cannonier all Izzy has left is rematches. So stiff shit.

Oh you have Strickland unless he has to fight Bobby because Bobby will crush Strickland.

I think he had a better gameplan in the 1st fight. I know most will disagree because he got knocked out but he came close with his blitz attacks. He just barely missed with a bunch of KO punches he threw. That 1st fight could have went either way.

Adesanya can be knocked out and Whittaker went for it in their first fight. He came very close to doing it too.

I definitely think there’s a good chance of a re match and rob even winning.
I dont think rob was fighting to not loose but have to think there’s a good part of him that was fighting to not get stopped again. Now he knows he can fight a competitive fight and even get him down relatively easily i think that will be a huge boost in the confidence he needs. As long as he remembers the lesson from the first and doesn’t get to crazy lunging in i think he can up what he brings next time.
The thing is though , rob dose his best work as a counter puncher. So if he can get izzy to lead through fainting or if Izzy gets a bit antsy wanting to put him away in the next one it could go even better for him.

1 Like

I agree with a lot of that but I think the only way to get Izzy to lead is to hurt him.

In the first round Bobby caught Izzy with an oblique kick that jacked Izzy’s knee a bit and fuck did he come on.