Recording UFC's with Direct TV DVR

I'm thinking of switching to Direct TV from my current cable provider. Right now I don't have the versus channel and it's included with the Direct TV package. But main reason for the switch will be because the Sunday ticket.

Anyway.....

Currently I have Tivo and cable. I'm able to record UFC's on Tivo and rewatch them all the time without being charged again.

I have read on Direct TV forums that you can DVR and watch PPV movies and events (UFC's) only one time, WTF? is this true?

That question might be better suited for the Direct TV forums that you mentioned...

hawaiidave -  That question might be better suited for the Direct TV forums that you mentioned...

I'm sure people here have Direct TV and record UFC's? So I think this may be a pretty good place for the question.

I'm pretty sure that when you record a PPV on DirecTV it only stays on your DVR for 24 hours.

GNPfan - I'm thinking of switching to Direct TV from my current cable provider. Right now I don't have the versus channel and it's included with the Direct TV package. But main reason for the switch will be because the Sunday ticket.

Anyway.....

Currently I have Tivo and cable. I'm able to record UFC's on Tivo and rewatch them all the time without being charged again.

I have read on Direct TV forums that you can DVR and watch PPV movies and events (UFC's) only one time, WTF? is this true?

Umm I have every ppv since 98 on my DVR and I watch it whenever I want lol

bigSurf6661 - 
GNPfan - I'm thinking of switching to Direct TV from my current cable provider. Right now I don't have the versus channel and it's included with the Direct TV package. But main reason for the switch will be because the Sunday ticket.

Anyway.....

Do you have Direct TV?

I have DTV and have recorded UFC PPVs on my DVR from months ago.  I can rewatch them whenever I want without further charges.

That's not true at all. I don't know where anyone would get that idea to even put it on their forum. I have DirecTV and their DVR. I've rewatched some fights several times over on multiple occassions. Once it's recorded, it's there for good until you delete it.

I've had DirecTV for a long time and am very happy with them. I've had mine since the days where you had to go to Walmart and buy the equiptment so we're probably talking ten years or so. Good service IMO. I only lose picture when there's a pretty serious thunderstorm but I used to lose it even more often with cable so I'm happy.

I would clarify with them just to make sure. I just cancelled my DTV to do money issues, and when I turned in my DVR they charged me for Shamrock vs. Baroni from back on 6/22/07! I told them that Frank Shamrock was retired and Phil Baroni was in another organization and there is no way and hell I could be charged for this in June of 2010. They said that I had accessed it in the last month and that was when they were showing it was purchased! WTF! I already paid for the PPV (obviously, because you can't retain service with an outstanding balance) so they are apparently trying to charge me twice. Haven't had any other problems, had dozens of other MMA events (PPV & cable) when I turned it in and that's the only one they tried to charge me twice for. I would just get a definitely word from them before going ahead with DTV.

bigSurf6661 - 

Anyway.....

hmmmm...... you say you have over 136 hours of UFC PPV on your dtv DVR? HD?

as for the OP question. yes some PPV movies and events will delete 24 hour after you first start watching them, and others can only be watched once. But the UFC is not in that realm. you can store them and re-watch.

Thanks guys, I though it was a little strange too when I read that. I knew this was the place to check on it as I have read many people on the forum say they have rewatched UFC's that they dvr'ed.