Red and Black belt Fabio Santos

Anyone ever trained under/with him? Going to san diego for a bit and was thinking of checking out his school (fabiojiujitsu.com i think). I figure its a pretty cool opportunity to be able to train under a red and black. Phone Post

I trained there as a visitor, for an entire month, many years ago, as a blue belt. It was a very good experience.

Fabio's guys are all class acts..

he s a nice man,always has time for everyone

Thanks for the feedback guys. Going to call in a bit when it isnt so early in that timezone to check out prices. Phone Post

Between this place and university of jiu jitsu (ribeiro bros). Phone Post

heads up on socal jiu jitsu acadamies in general. The phone almost always goes to VM, email works better.. Unless you catch them right before or after class..

Fabio was my first instructor when I started at Gracie Torrance in 93/94. Great guy and great instructor. You will be pleased. Phone Post

Fabio and his students were great when I visited about 10 years ago.  Definitely go, you'll enjoy it!

Keven

www.warrior-one.com

Yes Fabio is awsome, he was my first insructor very technical and friendly guy. He made sure he knew everyone and watched your progress carefully. He was really into people competing as well, if you didn't belts would come slower. Phone Post

I train with a Fabio Black Belt, Tino Martinez, and he is nails. Great unstoppable fundamental technique.

Let's not fail to mention that this is the same man that trained Dean Lister, although they had a falling out.

He's pretty much the Godfather of the San Diego BJJ scene.

Kway - I train with a Fabio Black Belt, Tino Martinez, and he is nails. Great unstoppable fundamental technique.

Let's not fail to mention that this is the same man that trained Dean Lister, although they had a falling out.

Thanks for the info! Had no idea he trained dean lister! The falling out is none of my business but deans skills are clearly a testament to his instruction Phone Post

Kway - I train with a Fabio Black Belt, Tino Martinez, and he is nails. Great unstoppable fundamental technique.

Tino is awesome and great guy as well.  I love training with that guy. 

Twelve Gage - 
Kway - I train with a Fabio Black Belt, Tino Martinez, and he is nails. Great unstoppable fundamental technique.

Tino is awesome and great guy as well.  I love training with that guy. 

He is excellent. He's been elevating my game this year a ton.

I trained there when Dean was there, what was the falling out, didnt Dean start a school close by maybe at city boxing? Phone Post

deedzBJJ - 

I trained there when Dean was there, what was the falling out, didnt Dean start a school close by maybe at city boxing? Phone Post

Dean now trains and teaches at Victory MMA in San Diego.

Didn't Royce award Dean his black belt?

I think Royce did, Dean was a brown forever if I remember correct. Phone Post

No, he got his BB from Jeff Higgs, who is a BB under Fabio Santos.

To everyone that recommended I train at this gym: visited today for the first class and it was AWESOME. Fabio couldnt be a cooler guy (turns out he gave my instructor his blue and purple back in brazil) and the guys at the gym were welcoming and tough. Officially my goto spot when I come back here, id recommend it to anybody. Fabio Santos is the man. (Also, he moves around like a 30 year old) Phone Post