Reebok Re: Lauzon Vlog

If you don't wanna watch the entire Vlog, just go to 1:40 & be ready to cringe at how fucking lame the entire Reebok process is for the fighters. 

Basically Joe I see that you came prepared by bringing Reebok gear bc you are a true veteran and professional of the sport and a team player.. Unfortunately you can't wear that Reebok gear you have to wear the Reebok gear we say you must wear.. if you wear something not in this bag we will make you change and charge you a price that is essentially so high it can be viewed as a fine for the gear we will make you put on. 

newjack900 -

Basically Joe I see that you came prepared by bringing Reebok gear bc you are a true veteran and professional of the sport and a team player.. Unfortunately you can't wear that Reebok gear you have to wear the Reebok gear we say you must wear.. if you wear something not in this bag we will make you change and charge you a price that is essentially so high it can be viewed as a fine for the gear we will make you put on. 

They give him money to wear it, like fifteen thousand dollars. He can wear some bag clothes for 15k.

He was making like 20-25k in sponsorship prior to Reebok. But he had to give a cut of that to his manager so he's not even one of the people losing money on this.

luctaro -
newjack900 -

They give him money to wear it, like fifteen thousand dollars. He can wear some bag clothes for 15k.

He was making like 20-25k in sponsorship prior to Reebok. But he had to give a cut of that to his manager so he's not even one of the people losing money on this.

I would guess a guy like Lauzon wouldn't have too much trouble finding $15k worth of sponsors. I would have no problem with the Reebok deal if it weren't exclusive and the fighters just had to throw a Reebok logo on their usual shorts like Horiguchi did in RIZIN

I miss the Lauzon fight tshirts

I know it's just a reality now and it is what it is, but man that sounds so ridiculous listening to that. If you wear the wrong gear, we'll sell you more of the "right" gear, but at an astronomical price. Please refer to the price sheet for your punishment prices.

Just feels ike the UFC has gotten all the benefits of controlling these guys as full-time employees and the fighters receive none of the positives of being labeled as independent contractors. Played no role in negotiations, no role in payouts, etc.. Just had this thrown on them in the midst of their contracts that were negotiated with no idea their sponsorships would be pulled out from under them. I think most should be able to sympathize with the fighters at least over that. 

if your bag of new reebok shit gets stolen, u get raped in the wallet

luctaro -
newjack900 -

He routinely made as $50k prior to the sponsor tax, and even during the sponsor tax era he was making more than he is now manager's cut or no, and he wasn't forced to wear the ugly ads Reebok gear and didn't get fined for wearing the wrong (almost identical) clothes.

It's a very raw deal for the fighters, there's really no point trying to defend it.