Reebook announces partnership with Jones & Rousey

Should have went with Russell Athletics, imo. Phone Post 3.0

WattMell - 
Frank Mir Cat -
hendofanforlife - 

still wouldnt wear Reebok in a million years. that is a huge problem they will never overcome. Reebok aint cool bro. Not gonna be. They are the Bugle Boy of athletic wear. 

also, funny this is being announce by a Tool. lol

I doubt Reebok considers you not wearing their gear a problem that they will never overcome.
Well him and alot of other people.
Most people would prefer to wear Nike or Under Armor if they had a choice which most people do. Phone Post 3.0

So Reebok should just give up?

I'm not too picky I guess, I'm just glad to see a mainstream apparel company getting involved, I tend not to leave my house in Metal Mullisha or Hoezler Reich gear.

The reebok deal will not hurt the top fighters or the bottom guys.  It will be guys who have names but arent ranked as well like Joe Louzan that it may affect.  the 20% backend will ease the pain for those guys but Zuffa will likely have to fill that monetary gap for them in other ways.

hendofanforlife - 
Frank Mir Cat - 
WattMell - 
Frank Mir Cat -
hendofanforlife - 

still wouldnt wear Reebok in a million years. that is a huge problem they will never overcome. Reebok aint cool bro. Not gonna be. They are the Bugle Boy of athletic wear. 

I doubt Reebok considers you not wearing their gear a problem that they will never overcome.
Most people would prefer to wear Nike or Under Armor if they had a choice which most people do. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not too picky I guess, I'm just glad to see a mainstream apparel company getting involved, I tend not to leave my house in Metal Mullisha or Hoezler Reich gear.

I bet you can't wait for those coveted Ovaltine endorsements.

Shouldn't you be in line for some new Jordan shoe at Foot Locker?

Rich gets richer. I smell anarchy coming soon.

A tidal wave of sorts. Phone Post 3.0

Lux Fixxins - 
hendofanforlife -

For the record, you worry about your clothes being cool? Phone Post 3.0

Seeking answers for this as well.

Shouldve least got Adidas as a sponsor rather than reebok. Who wears reebok such an odd sponsor. Reebok is for old people. Phone Post 3.0

Frank Mir Cat - 
hendofanforlife - 
Frank Mir Cat - 
WattMell - 
Frank Mir Cat -
hendofanforlife - 

dont worry you will be able to get your irregular JBJ reebok rash guard at tjmax 7-8 months from now.

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - Should have went with Russell Athletics, imo. Phone Post 3.0
Wilson IMO... Phone Post 3.0

TOAO - Shouldve least got Adidas as a sponsor rather than reebok. Who wears reebok such an odd sponsor. Reebok is for old people. Phone Post 3.0
Only thing I'll wear Reebok are the classics Phone Post 3.0

Reebok sucks. Phone Post 3.0

I can't post pictures but how has no one posted Garth Algar in his reebok gear?

"It's really sad, it's like people only do things because they get paid." -Garth Algar

Is Dana still gona wear his Adidas?

It's funny reading all of this "Reebok sux... Nike is kool" nonsense.

All of that shit is made in the same chinese factory by the same chinese children. Different labels are stitched on the day before the crap gets shipped to the US and Europe. These companies spend 1% on the actual clothing and 99% on marketing.

"Branding" is just another word for brainwashing. It's sad to see how effective it really is.

The Shockmaster - It's funny reading all of this "Reebok sux... Nike is kool" nonsense.

All of that shit is made in the same chinese factory by the same chinese children. Different labels are stitched on the day before the crap gets shipped to the US and Europe. These companies spend 1% on the actual clothing and 99% on marketing.

"Branding" is just another word for brainwashing. It's sad to see how effective it really is.
"Kool" story bro.. Phone Post 3.0

For the record---

Reebok had decent gear back in the day. Of course I'm waaaay older than most who post here.

Not knowing the specifics,... a few senile musings from an old man.

Jones and Rousey now have their OWN deals. This may take them out of the official "pool". If so this gives bigger pie pieces to the rest of the Non-Champions.

-The deal said 35 million MMA fitness enthusiasts worldwide....

..If those people spend just $1/each on Jones/Rousey gear($35 mil/each). That 20% on the back-end== $7 MILLION each.

Not a bad chunk of change.

-B.SOUTH

jjchgo - 
Frank Mir Cat - 
hendofanforlife - 
Frank Mir Cat - 
WattMell - 
Frank Mir Cat -
hendofanforlife - 

dont worry you will be able to get your irregular JBJ reebok rash guard at tjmax 7-8 months from now.

Ahh, because I would prefer to wear a mainstream athletic wear brand like Reebok's T-shirt in public than an Affliction T-shirt, then I must want a JBJ rash guard and love all things Reebok.

Seeing how people's minds work here, that's why this place never gets old...

P.S. I don't get rashes muthafucka, I give 'em.

jones was dancinghttp://giant.gfycat.com/DisloyalShockedAlpaca.gif

1. I would/will never purchase a product just because of a fake celebrity endorsement, regardless of what that celebrities background is.

2. I would/will never purchase reebok because that shit is weak. You can't rebrand a product that is known for being a steal a Wal-Mart. Rename it brah.

3. As someone else pointed out, this means the advertising is not equal (in pay and exposure) among fighters if they are selecting the most marketable individuals. This has the opposite effect of what was intended (supposedly). So if there was any chance of Reebok creating a new image for itself, they've completely fucked themselves from doing that.

The hipocracy involved in this deal is a great microcosm of what the UFC has become. Do I really care? Yes and No. I will still continue to watch events and pay for most pay per views, but I no longer support the institution of the UFC but I support the fighters 100%. The best way, I find, to do this by supporting other companies that I know stand by their fighters 100%. With this new advertising deal that is going to become more difficult.

I want better things for the people who participate in the UFC, as far as compensation, benefits and opportunties to 'rise' through the ranks of the company. Ultimately this comes down to the individual and their performance, but with the increasing amount of bureaucratic hoops for these people for them to do their job is increasingly difficult. It also makes the UFC equally responsible for ensuring that individuals capabilty to perform that job. And they are failing that responsiblity. This deal is a sham, from the unknown ranks all the way to the fighters who are quite popular, and this reebok deal reinforces that. Good for you two. Too bad for everyone else. Hmm where else has that ever happend before?

Reebok is owned by Adidas....

you will Reebok continue to shift towards more niche sports (i.e. crossfit, mma, etc)... and leave the more mainstream sports to their adidas branding....