Registering grips and or hooks?

I heard that you are supposed to register your grips when you become a black belt in gi BJJ, and also your hooks for no-gi. Similar to a boxer/karate-ka for their hands as deadly weapons. The one thing I was confused about, someone said they need to get a concealed weapons permit if they are wearing a long sleeve shirt, this pertains to the issue of registering your hooks. Is there any truth to this.

Yes, you have to register them with Carlinhos for $400. ? Phone Post

appreciate the effort but this got fail written all over it.

E for effort but lame bro, LAME.... Phone Post

if you are wearing a long shirt wouldnt that be concealed grips? not hooks. try again

allchokedup - if you are wearing a long shirt wouldnt that be concealed grips? not hooks. try again

Well generally in no gi in you are shirtless or have a short sleeve rash guard on you use your bare arms to get under hooks. If you need to register those arms but then cover them up, they now are concealed. I'm wondering about a 3/4 length sleeve or what if you have a long sleeve shirt but roll it up only part way. Seems like a lot of room for error.

ahh over looked that.<br /> they seem to both be very dangerous however. I can say i have seen many a man killed with grips , not so much with hooks. Except that 3rd one.

You got this thread wrong right from the start, mainly because everyone knows you register yoru whole body as a lethal weapon as soon as you reach blue belt.

Thanks for the clarification onyx.