Rehydrating without the banned IV fluids

JuryJiuJitsu -
YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD - What about fighting closer to your natural weight?

Yeah, there's some positves taking this route, not having to cut being the biggest one.  But it's hard to ignore the facts of the disadvantages you face due to the guys that cut down. 

Honestly, when I'm cutting weight, that is when I have the absolute best intake and feel my best, which comes from being 100% disciplined in camp. So it's just part of the process that keeps me focused and working hard at all times. Everyone is different though.

But if everyone is in the same boat what would the difference be in fighting closer to your natural weight?

I understand pre-IV ban your natural weight class was occupied by guys that had 25+ pounds on you. Now that they will either be completely exhausted or out of the weight class entirely, what are the downsides to fighting closer to your "walking around" weight (so a 10~15 lbs cut)? Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 

Sounds like anal rehydration is the future :)

JuryJiuJitsu -

Yeah, there's some positves taking this route, not having to cut being the biggest one.  But it's hard to ignore the facts of the disadvantages you face due to the guys that cut down. 

Honestly, when I'm cutting weight, that is when I have the absolute best intake and feel my best, which comes from being 100% disciplined in camp. So it's just part of the process that keeps me focused and working hard at all times. Everyone is different though.

I don't know. I think that weight isn't the advantage that some people think it is. Height , yes. But not so much weight. I'd take a tough natural fighter who fights close to his weight over a guy who tries to cut and rehydrate massive amounts.
I think that because everyone cuts so much weight, we haven't seen the benefits of staying close to fight weight yet. Phone Post 3.0

Anal, bro

Honestly I'm not kidding.
It's not particularly difficult to brew up a few gallons on saline solution at a concentration conducive to your goals (just keistering saline bags will still leave residuals of the actual bag, which is what they actually test for). You need a couple gallons because there will be, umm, some spillage.

Brew up, load the enema bag, get back n the tub, and slowly let er flow.

Other than an NG/OG tube this is the answer.

*just to be clear, shoving gallons of tap water up your ass (especially when profoundly dehydrated) can kill you. Seriously, don't do that. Phone Post 3.0

Politically Incorrect - 
spmaskell - Rhonda Rousey doesn't do IV bags so think again that in order to compete you have to cut 20lbs+ of water weight.

Nobody cares.

I'm sure Myle's doctor wasn't writing on the subject of how to be more like Rousey you asshat.

FYI she cuts a lot of weight for a woman she has just been doing it her whole life and likes oral.

Beavis: ha. you said she likes oral

I've done weight cuts and rehydration for plenty of pros... Gabriel Rosado and Paul Felder amongst others. There are alternatives to IV fluids, but it requires pretty detailed oversight. That being said, IV is by far the fastest and most effective way to rehydrate. Phone Post 3.0

Subbed Phone Post 3.0

I think you can benefit from getting used to rehydrating. Practice it. Train in a hot suit (wresting sweats) and then rehydrate with good fluids (pedialyte is good).

Start cutting fat weight early.

YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD - What about fighting closer to your natural weight?
Boom Phone Post 3.0

Weight cutting is cheating really.
It provides an unfair advantage to those who can do it better, It's like saying you can take undetectable steroids better than an opponent.
It lacks integrity. What's that - you have the 135 lb belt when you've never fought at a body weight lower than 160lbs? Bravo. Phone Post 3.0

Combine anal hydration with urine therapy. Win win. Phone Post 3.0

If you are having issues keeping down food/water due to a drastic weight cut than obviously you are harming your body to make the weight.

Lol at trying to argue for IV if you can keep down water orally, yet you want a pass to fight? Hahaha Phone Post 3.0

ttt

This iv bag shit is stupid. Stop cutting so much extreme weight to get an advantage. Fight closer to your natural weight. I've grown up in Iowa and been around weight cutting and no one I know has ever spiked a vein to rehydrate. Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - If you are having issues keeping down food/water due to a drastic weight cut than obviously you are harming your body to make the weight.

Lol at trying to argue for IV if you can keep down water orally, yet you want a pass to fight? Hahaha Phone Post 3.0

What is your argument here? You ever cut weight? A guy being dehydrated and not being able to eat/drink is more common than you think. I'm not sure if they're just not doing their cuts properly, but I see this issue all the time.

Spinning Shit - 
JuryJiuJitsu -

But if everyone is in the same boat what would the difference be in fighting closer to your natural weight?

I understand pre-IV ban your natural weight class was occupied by guys that had 25+ pounds on you. Now that they will either be completely exhausted or out of the weight class entirely, what are the downsides to fighting closer to your "walking around" weight (so a 10~15 lbs cut)? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, changes that effect everyone is totally different and there wouldn't be the disadvantages if everyone was forced to their natural weight.

time traveling 12er - I've read that IV rehydration isn't significantly better than traditional oral hydration. The only real benefit is that you can eat and that it's passive, not requiring the person to chug. (This is generally a factor where the patient is too weak or not in a condition to chug liquids.) Lots of dr.s think it's a placebo effect and some studies even suggest that oral hydration is superior to IV hydration.
Exactly this. Good information in the blog posts also. Phone Post 3.0

WuDaddy - This iv bag shit is stupid. Stop cutting so much extreme weight to get an advantage. Fight closer to your natural weight. I've grown up in Iowa and been around weight cutting and no one I know has ever spiked a vein to rehydrate. Phone Post 3.0
It's not a massive advantage if everyone else is also doing it.

It's dumb but its true. Phone Post 3.0

i can't imagine that re-hydrating with IV bags is healthy, it goes way too fast. look to me its better to do it orally because it will be at a lower pace.

JuryJiuJitsu -
Stea1th - If you are having issues keeping down food/water due to a drastic weight cut than obviously you are harming your body to make the weight.

What is your argument here? You ever cut weight? A guy being dehydrated and not being able to eat/drink is more common than you think. I'm not sure if they're just not doing their cuts properly, but I see this issue all the time.

The argument is you are purposely putting your body into a sever compromised situation to the point where your body is shutting down and refusing nutrients and water...

In which athletes are using a medical procedure to rehydrate.

You've passed the point of natural and the whole purpose of the IV ban is to stop doping which is a much bigger issue. There really isn't any valid argument for needing an IV.

You don't see the the issue? Phone Post 3.0