Remember forum Moderator Rafiel Torre?

Do It Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

When i lost in the UFC Gokor was there. I think Karo fought his first ufc that night as well. Gokor was like ā€œBig Papaā€ā€¦ he was the man back then to all of us. We worshipped him. Yea, we heard about him rolling with Liborio, and we just rolled with itā€¦ Gene said Gokor was the most dangerous grappler in the worldā€¦ i got beat pretty easily in the UFC and i cried back stageā€¦ Gokor came up in his old world Armenian suit he would wear with his high heeled cowboy boots and he genuinely gave me a hugā€¦ he really felt for meā€¦ he was always a gentleman to everybody. He never let anybody at the Hayastan hurt me. One time i did a Genki Sudo rolling toe hold on him and caught him and he just laughed and slowly peeled my hands off his foot and cracked my neckā€¦ he was a giant back then

4 Likes

I met Rafiel at my first fight. He was there doing coverage for some reason. I think it was the same weekend as the Super Bowl that year. He used to write up these little stories for the ADCC website and gave me a shoutout for winning, which was pretty cool back then. He was interviewing some guys and asking them normal questions and then just randomly throwing in bizarre questions just to get a reaction. I remember standing in earshot of somebody and he asked them what they thought of anal sex and whoever he interviewed said it sounded like it would hurt.

I never had any dealings with him besides that. He was nice enough to me and the other fighters but I guess he was like that to a lot of people too. Itā€™s sad how things ended up for him because even though he lied about his background, he was still there just before MMA got big and he could have been a respected MMA journalist. But he couldnā€™t keep his life straight and murdered a guy for pretty messed up reasons. I hope that guyā€™s wife didnā€™t get away with it either.

5 Likes