Remember forum Moderator Rafiel Torre?

He ended up going to prison for murder.

Here they talk about him a little bit on the Lytes Out Podcast.

5 Likes

Nice will definitely check that out. His story is an interesting one. He seemed nice enough in those early KOTCs where he did the fight interviews. Judged that one wrong lol.

And didn’t Eddie Bravo or someone tell a story about Rafiel getting dropped off in a Forest for a Kumite like event that was bs. Then the murder story, fake belts or fights… there is a lot that could be unpacked on this one

2 Likes

Killed the husband of a woman he was banging via RNC, as I recall

5 Likes

1 down another to go.

Correct.

1 Like

Was there a full episode out for where this video was taken from?

Edit: Video answered it. There are future episodes coming out where this clip was from. Was trying to find full vid instead of a clip but not out yet

1 Like

Yeah,I was just about ready to answer your question.

The podcast is hoping to get Gerald on at a future time.

2 Likes

I rolled with him and couldn’t understand how he thought he was a BB. He was nice enough but he sucked and acted like he was letting you work when he was clearly overwhelmed. He didn’t have basic defenses and mounted zero offense. I was a blue belt with a wrestling background. Then I saw his “fight” and knew something was a lie. Before that I was confused and thought maybe he had just a bad day. When I was at KOTC I told my buddy he was a fraud. He left his murder victim in a truck bed across the st from my house in Rancho.

7 Likes

The Gerald Strebendt Story

1 Like

BNM2 Check my AAron Brink Story , did I read That Right ???

1 Like

That is crazy. I read that and kept saying” no way”.

It’s a sorted tale alright.

Gerald needs to tell his story

A lot of people don’t know what took place with him other than the headline that they read

3 Likes

This. Or to allegedly kill someone and influence the death of another UG/OGer

Hey big brother, ive told the story so many times… im watching youtube dumbest drivers videos right now getting ready for bed… Mike and Miguel have been working on this story and ill let them put out their peice on it. I think they have put quite a bit of work into it. When they tell me its time ill chime in… its really such a sad tale… nothing but more pain

7 Likes

Bro
You were at the ground floor of the mma explosion

Mike bugs the shit out of me to come in as well… I know I owe him an interview

1 Like

Mike is a good dude

1 Like

Wes, whatever happened to Gan Mcgee? Did you fight him?

McGee was a giant.I seen all of of his fights in the IFC live.Including the $10,000 Heavyweight tournament that he won.He got the fire back & came out of retirement & fought Jonathon Ivey.Had another fight against Ruiz & rode off into the sunset.

I personally think that his fight against Batastini is what caused the commissions to ban 12 to 6 elbows.

1 Like

I don’t know the story, but have seen GSTREBENDT mention some events or respond to questions on the forum before.

Always enjoy the references to Gokor and other people around the early days.

1 Like