remembering alex gong

his fight vs bang was awesome!

TTT great thread true warrior!!!

Is the anniversary today? Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe - Is the anniversary today? Phone Post 3.0

seriously dont know

just was watching him on you tube and decided to make this thread

Career

Gong was a world champion of ISKA World Muay Thai, Junior middleweight class. He won his world title in 1999. He defended his title on August 5, 2000. Gong also held a 2-0-0 record in K-1 including a win over Duane Ludwig.

Death

On August 1, 2003, after a hit and run driver crashed into Gong's parked car in the Fairtex Gym parking lot in San Francisco, Gong pursued the car on foot. Gong caught up and confronted the driver, who was still in his car at a nearby intersection. Witnesses say the driver then shot Gong at point blank range and fled in his vehicle. Gong was pronounced dead at the scene.

On August 3, 2003, a man named a "person of interest" in the shooting was confronted at a hotel and, after a lengthy standoff with police, shot himself in the head. No one was ever charged in Gong's death.[2]

Alex Gong
Born Alex James Gong
October 14, 1970
San Francisco, California, U.S.
Died August 1, 2003 (aged 32)
San Francisco, California, U.S.
Other names F-14
Nationality United States American
Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Weight 155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)
Division Super Welterweight
Light Middleweight
Style Muay Thai
Fighting out of San Francisco, California, U.S.
Team Fairtex Gym

Kickboxing record
Total 29
Wins 27
By knockout 13
Losses 2
Draws 0

ttt

f14!

RIP

He was my first Muay Thai coach!!!

RIP

Crazy to think that was over 11 years ago now.

RIP Phone Post 3.0

RIP F-14. You are not forgotten !

Wow time flies.... Phone Post 3.0

My first introduction to muay thai/kickboxing was seeing him fight kit cope on ESPN 2 not sure of the year, I believe Alex was sick for the fight or something? Does anybody recall the story? Phone Post 3.0

Met him when I first started training MT at Fairtex about 2-3 weeks before the incident. 11 years goes by fast... Didn't know him beyond saying hello and a brief chat or two, but he was nice and seemed to be well-liked by all at the gym. Such a shame what happened. RIP.

11 years already? Jesus.

RIP Alex

RIP. Cool thread shooter Phone Post 3.0

juicer - RIP. Cool thread shooter Phone Post 3.0

ttthanks