Remembering Tanya Vlahac

I didn't know Tanya well, but she seemed like a nice person. She grappled in a tourney I was part of back in 2000/01 in Kingston. She was the only female in the tourney, and didn't seem to mind being in a
division with all guys. As I recall she beat her
first and possibly her second opponent as well. All
I remember about her was the phenominal physical
shape she was in, and was also thinking man, she's
in a division with all guys, she must be good. I
never got to grapple with her and was actually
thankful at the time as I thought there was a chance
I may even lose to her.

Tanya was a very good grappler and mma competitor.
Sounds like she was a true warrior right to the end.
Tanya will be missed. Rest in peace.

My condolences to those who knew Tanya.

I would be happy to have people say such nice things about me when I go. You honor her memory with your words.

Rest in Peace. You will be missed by many.

RIP

RIP TANYA....

My God the abruptness of life is terrifying.

RIP

rip best wishes to her family.....ttt

RIP man this is sad news. I pray for her and her family and that she may rest with the angels and the good lord above us.

she was a sweet girl. this is terrible news

This is sad a news and prayers and throughts go to her family. Rest in Peace

The Calf Cruncher

Rip incredibly sad

RIP-   A sad day

Cancer is such a hard disease for anyone to fight. Tanya seemingly fought it for as long as one possibly could.

God Bless you young lady.. May you rest in peace.

Tanya fought one of the best fights I have ever seen live. She went 15 minutes with Judy Neff at an IFC event in 2001.

Her eye was swollen shut and her face was covered in blood, yet there she was jumping up and down after the fight while Neff, who beat her soundly, was totally exhausted.

Sounds as if she fought cancer with that same indomitable attitude. RIP

Sad - just read the interview with her on FG from 2005 - not even 50 - reminds you to make the most of every day.....

rest in peace tanya , you give us all courage and hope that we too can be a fighter the calibre and likes of you . to everyone who is left without her my condolences .

rip

RIP

I was there for her HnS Revolution fight. I was impressed by all the women on the card, but was especially impressed by her. I couldn't believe her actual age when I was told how old she was, her body and spirit was amazing.

RIP

RIP, my condolances to her family.