Renato Laranja talks poonchang, Señor Aoki + more

TheOne -

Ive seen a bunch of stuff with Renato but I never understood what his deal was.

It's a joke, right? Isnt the guy American and it's just a persona? Or am I totally wrong?

Lol @ this disrespectful fool. 27x World Champion is no joke. Why don't you watch that video of Renato choking out Eddie Bravo. Phone Post 3.0

TheOne -

It's a joke, right? Isnt the guy American and it's just a persona? Or am I totally wrong?

Ban! ;-) Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 -
JitzInMyPants - 
TheOne -

Lol @ this disrespectful fool. 27x World Champion is no joke. Why don't you watch that video of Renato choking out Eddie Bravo. Phone Post 3.0

Why do so many people say that vid is fake?

Because they're protective of Eddie Bravo. Great Grandmaster Renato has won the Mundials more times than Marcelo Garcia and Roger Gracie combined. Phone Post 3.0

eternal hespectch to the mestre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsksgAvYCdk

For those who don't know the full story behind the legend himself, this video explains the story of Renato Laranja very well, and why he changed his name to Rhasaan Orange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCmvtaD8qA

Mahakala - 
The Loge - 
TheOne -
Unseen - 
TheOne - 

You should watch his Mundial matches or his DVD set.  He's legit.

I know he's a fictional persona but I was looking for more of a why, like backgound.

Mainly because he has won 27 gold medals at the mundials. Phone Post 3.0

Not only is Renato a 27 time world champ, but he was also taught how to grapple directly by Mitsuyo Maeda himself. He then went and modified the style, and opened up the first brazilian jiu-jitsu school in Rio De Janeiro, essentially founding BJJ. He then took on the Gracies as students, who obviously would branch off and found Gracie JJ. The Gracies owe Renato for their decades of success. Furthermore, who knows where MMA would be today if Renato hadn't given the art of BJJ to the world. The man is deserving of everyones hespect, especially those who can appreciate ground fighting.

Without Renato there wouldn't even be a UFC. That's a fact.

Elias looking all cute and stuff=)

Cindy

CindyO - 

Elias looking all cute and stuff=)

Cindy

They can do amazing things with lighting and video editing these days, Cindy;)

He's so damn hilarious. I heart him :)

get that poonchang!

Mahakala - For those who don't know the full story behind the legend himself, this video explains the story of Renato Laranja very well, and why he changed his name to Rhasaan Orange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCmvtaD8qA

That's the single greatest youtube video of all time. Nate Diaz is luck Renato didn't slap him at that jiu jitsu expo!

I'm somewhat of a comedy snob...I don't just laugh at anything. That said, for some reason it still cracks me up to hear normal everyday "R" words pronounced with an "H". lol It's childish, but what are you gonna do? :)

^^^ Show some hespect, rooster:)

Cindy

The Sasha Baron Cohen of Jiu Jitsu Phone Post

R00STER - I'm somewhat of a comedy snob...I don't just laugh at anything. That said, for some reason it still cracks me up to hear normal everyday "R" words pronounced with an "H". lol It's childish, but what are you gonna do? :)

That's Hacist!

"hacists hemarks"

RAAA!!