Report: DC vs Volkon signed for UFC 219

https://www.kimura.se/ufc-219-daniel-cormier-ryktas-mota-volkan-oezdemir/

To all the disappointments of Sweden's fans, it seems that Alexander Gustafsson does not get his return match against lightweight heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier . According to information from Kimura's sources, Daniel Cormier is scheduled to meet # 2 in Volkan Oezdemir in December. Our sources confirm that both masters must have signed the match contract and suggested that the meeting will end on the UFC 219 on 30 December in Las Vegas, Nevada.

JoeMimic -

Such a quick rise for Volkan

DC kinda called him out

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/DC-agrees-to-fight-Volkon:2679434?pc=66

If true... No Conor v Ferg for this card

138 -

It would be the NYE, end of the year card... so maybe it's a double whammy.  I doubt DC can carry the card on his own while the rest of America goes "who the fuck is Voltron?"

Plus the rest of the card is weak so far

Dominick Cruzvs.Jimmie Rivera

Carlos Conditvs.Neil Magny

Gökhan Sakivs.Khalil Rountree

Cynthia Calvillovs.Carla Esparza

Louis Smolkavs.Matheus Nicolau

Good, I’m happy for a fresh match.

JoeMimic - 

Such a quick rise for Volkan

dude has no time for boolsheet

Looks like a relatively easy win for Cormier. The card does not move my needle but will watch for Cormier bout.

Media Monster -
138 -

It would be the NYE, end of the year card... so maybe it's a double whammy.  I doubt DC can carry the card on his own while the rest of America goes "who the fuck is Voltron?"

True true! 

No time coming for that title

Ill be tuning in. Should be a decent fight. Dc’s chin cherry has been popped so who knows what will happen but i think dc wins.

Co main might be Holm vs Cyborg

would be a solid card but wouldn't break a million buys or anything 

Media Monster -
138 -

Looks like a good card so far, I don’t see how it is weak.

Condit and Magny will be a great fight, Saki and Roundtree is a guaranteed stand up war. 

Cruz first first fight back since Gardrandt loss, Rivera is no slouch, will be a good scrap. 

Dude is a fucking slugger. 

Should've been gus

Suicidalforlife -
Media Monster -
138 -

Condit and Magny will be a great fight, Saki and Roundtree is a guaranteed stand up war. 

Cruz first first fight back since Gardrandt loss, Rivera is no slouch, will be a good scrap. 

Don’t get me wrong, great matchups that I’ll gladly watch. But we’re talking about the traditional end of the year card that usually draws big ppv numbers.

The current card, even with DC, is not going to entice the casual fan to buy it.

Suicidalforlife -
Media Monster -
138 -

I agree. those are great fights and the card isnt even done yet.

So is this for a belt? 

crazydave -

swole af

womp:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/daniel-cormier-targets-2018-title-defense-volkan-oezdemir

“I’m going to fight Volkan,” Cormier told MMAjunkie Radio during a recent in-studio appearance. “I went to the doctor, and he advised me to take the rest of the year off because I started to contemplate fighting at the end of the December.

“(I’ll fight him) beginning of next year sometime.”

A recent report claimed the matchup was on target for UFC 219, which takes place Dec. 30 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. But Cormier is pumping the brakes to allow himself more time to recover from the past 12 months of his career.