Report: Spike has given up on UFC

It doesn't matter to me if the UFC is on Spike, Versus, or G4. As long as it's accessible, I'll watch it wherever. Put it on Playboy, Lifetime, C-Span for all I care.

What is g4? That stupid channel with the dorks playing video games all the time? don't do it Dana. Many UFC fans aren't losers who play xbox in their moms basement. Stay with spike unless you get some channel that's a step up like espn. Phone Post

ufc became a success largely due to spike and spike ufc reruns got much higher rating than ufc live on versus

would be a very good thing for bellator

all and all this is excellent news for the fans. ufc is getting its own channel and spike is going to feature non-ufc mma to compete with them, which means more mma on tv

pretty fucking awesome

g4 is only part of a wider comcast/nbc universal distribution deal.

The deal includes exclusive UFC content distribution on NBC sports (what is now called versus), NBC major (network TV), SCI FI (which carries the wwe), The USA network (which carries the wwe), Telemundo (largest latino channel in the country), and MUN 2 (the latino spike version of telemundo).

Zuffa getting controlling interest in G4 to develop a home for ancillary content (like weigh ins, international tuf, replays, fight day pre shows. post shows, fighter blogs, etc...) and having comcast continue to operate it is only part of this deal.

Zuffa's not leaving spike for G4. Zuffa's leaving spike for a much more robust platform and distribution in addition to having it's own network.

Lorenzo is also trying to buy the K1 brand.

Big things are happening.

Once the dust settles and spike calms down, Zuffa is gonna offer spike a live event product under the pride brand name... most likely in a tournament/grand prix format. Not as many shows as bellator but enough to hopefully keep them happy and keep that channel open for UFC countdown shows, UFC PPV commercials, and other hype shows etc...

Spike will have a choice of being able to continue to work with the only mma org that matters or take a gamble with bellator.

"spike ufc reruns got much higher rating than ufc live on versus"

Yes, UFC RERUNS. That is the key here. SPIKE won't be allowed to show the UFC once the contract is up, and I highly doubt Bellator is ever going to beat the UFC in ratings regardless of where it ends up.

Haadogei - EliteXC was on CBS. IFL was on UPN. Both were bigger than Spike.
That was why I said a GOOD TV deal. CBS was extremely sporadic with their MMA and UPN never garnered the 18-34 crowd the same as Spike does. Like I said, they will be picking up where the UFC left off, I'm not saying they will tun it into a horserace but it's an interesting twist.

also don't forget that spike tv has rights to all the steven seagal movies

all they have to do is counter-program ufc with a steven seagal marathon and ufc is done 

radiobaby - I cant wait to never watch spike tv ever again.

Ghan - 
MMALOGIC - g4 is only part of a wider comcast/nbc universal distribution deal.

The deal includes exclusive UFC content distribution on NBC sports (what is now called versus), NBC major (network TV), SCI FI (which carries the wwe), The USA network (which carries the wwe), Telemundo (largest latino channel in the country), and MUN 2 (the latino spike version of telemundo).

Zuffa getting controlling interest in G4 to develop a home for ancillary content (like weigh ins, international tuf, replays, fight day pre shows. post shows, fighter blogs, etc...) and having comcast continue to operate it is only part of this deal.

Zuffa's not leaving spike for G4. Zuffa's leaving spike for a much more robust platform and distribution in addition to having it's own network.

Once the dust settles and spike calms down, Zuffa is gonna offer spike a live event product under the pride brand name... most likely in a tournament/grand prix format. Not as many shows as bellator but enough to hopefully keep them happy and keep that channel open for UFC countdown shows, UFC PPV commercials, and other hype shows etc...

Spike will have a choice of being able to continue to work with the only mma org that matters or take a gamble with bellator.

You can't drop facts like that without giving some background info and sources broseph.

yeah I'm sure he'll tell you all of that info lol.

noooooooo now where will i get my 20 minutes of commercials between fights about burger king.

also UFC Targeting February 26, 2012, at Saitama Super Arena for Japan Show

mmaweekly.com/ufc-targeting-february-26-2012-at-saitama-super-arena-for-japan-show

Jons Forsberg - 
EdibleGumption - "spike ufc reruns got much higher rating than ufc live on versus"

Yes, UFC RERUNS. That is the key here. SPIKE won't be allowed to show the UFC once the contract is up, and I highly doubt Bellator is ever going to beat the UFC in ratings regardless of where it ends up.

SPIKE's approach here with Bellator should be just to pick up there they left off with the UFC, and try their best to pretend that nothing has changed. Create a copycat Bellator Reality Show, etc.
lol that's a great idea. they can do a reality show with female fighters too

yeah

I'll cross my fingers for Bellator on Spike. The 145 division is great and had a great show last week.

The_Spider - It doesn't matter to me if the UFC is on Spike, Versus, or G4. As long as it's accessible, I'll watch it wherever. Put it on Playboy, Lifetime, C-Span for all I care.

This.

Cindy

I hope having their own network means they can air all prelims in one block on HDTV (no more erratic facebook streams), and since no more Spike, no more worrying about those bastards showing events on tape delay to the west coast.

Rather watch Bellator on Spike than MTV2 as well.

Win-win.

Zuffa make it happen!!

UltraMagnus - 

LOL! at them trying to buy K1.... They'll never buy that product out.....

QF later;)

Cindy

I have heard in the rumor mill, recently, that Bellator is for sale and close to being bought. Im not sure if its because of financial issues or not though, But, if Bellator is financially unstable, dont look for Spike to take them on. 

Also, Dana said a long time ago that eventually they want to be in full control of their content. I believe he went as far as to say all of the pay per views would be streaming online through UFC.com. It gives them 100% of the revenue from PPV's and would be a smart thing to do as far as global PPV sales. Technology is almost to the point where they can do this platform flawlessly. I'd also venture to say, streaming PPVs on XBox live is a good indication that this is closer to happening. 

That post made a lot of sense, up until the point where you said that the UFC would bring Pride back. That shit is SO not happening. Good post though.

UFC won't bring back Pride ever. In the western world the whole PRIDE thing is too closely associated with the romo culture