Research project

Hi everyone,

I'm a third year BSc Psychology student currently writing my dissertation on the psychological effects of martial arts training. As part of this I am conducting a research project - an online survey, and am looking for martial artists of various styles to complete it.

The aim of this study is to investigate the relationship between martial arts training and a number of psychometric measures – anxiety, aggression, self-esteem, and self-regulation. Previous research has shown links between martial arts training and these measures, but some reports have conflicted regarding modern or combat sports participants and traditional martial artists, and ones where ethical and psychological values are explicitly taught or not. The aim of this research is to further the body of research and differentiate between the psychological profiles associated with different approaches to martial arts training.

The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete, and if you could do so that would be great. The analysis of results will be posted when complete if that's of interest. It can be found at:

https://aruspsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3Ks8UJzvY1jbdw9

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you have any questions!

J. Nicholson
BSc Psychology student, Anglia Ruskin University

Edit: Link fixed.

done. Can I see the results?

Are you "THE" J. Nicholson?   

ResearchProject - Hi everyone,

I'm a third year BSc Psychology student currently writing my dissertation on the psychological effects of martial arts training. As part of this I am conducting a research project - an online survey, and am looking for martial artists of various styles to complete it.

The aim of this study is to investigate the relationship between martial arts training and a number of psychometric measures – anxiety, aggression, self-esteem, and self-regulation. Previous research has shown links between martial arts training and these measures, but some reports have conflicted regarding modern or combat sports participants and traditional martial artists, and ones where ethical and psychological values are explicitly taught or not. The aim of this research is to further the body of research and differentiate between the psychological profiles associated with different approaches to martial arts training.

The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete, and if you could do so that would be great. The analysis of results will be posted when complete if that's of interest. It can be found at:

https://aruspsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3Ks8UJzvY1jbdw9

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you have any questions!

J. Nicholson
BSc Psychology student, Anglia Ruskin University

Edit: Link fixed.

The mere fact that you ask this makes me feel anxiety, aggression, a lack of self-esteem and the inability to self-regulate my actions.

e. kaye - probably not.

ResearchProject - e. kaye - probably not.

Then, fuck off NOOB.

KKM should not be asking questions.

Get a 1000 posts and try again.