Rest In Peace Sean “the cannon” Gannon

Sean Gannon tragically passed away. He absolutely loved combat sports and this forum. I would talk to Sean almost daily, and one of the repetitive topics was “did you see (insert post) on the UG?!”
He was the best man I ever had the privilege of knowing. He’d ask everyone in any gym to “save some love for the big man”, wanting to train or spar but never bullied anyone. Valhalla got a new contender and please show some love for the big man one final time.

88 Likes

Rest in Peace

1 Like

RIP Sean.

Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family!

2 Likes

RIP. I had no idea. I always loved interacting with him here.

4 Likes

RIP

1 Like

RIP.

Was a big asset to this forum for many years.

2 Likes

Rip

1 Like

Man, sorry to hear that. RIP

1 Like

Wrong Gannon?

1 Like

i just googled him, he is the one that beat kimbo? wow, so sad. rip sean. :frowning:

1 Like

Awww shit

Sad news,

And a UG’er who will be missed

3 Likes

Correct

Good man. Told me all about the genetics of domestic dogs because someone asked him about the uppercut. Certainly unique. But a nice guy. RIP

1 Like

Yeah I think this is a different Gannon with same first name … That also happened to be a police officer

1 Like

And who also was in mass. Weird.

1 Like

Were they related

RIP Cannon

1 Like

This was Sean Gannon the former police officer, boxer and MMA fighter. He passed last night. The Sean Gannon who was killed a few years ago was no relation.

2 Likes

Fucking sad :disappointed: RIP.

1 Like

Was hoping this was not true.

He was always polite and nice on the forum.

Maybe it was just because I did not know him in person or was not in his circles but always had a way about him that you got the feeling he always knew more about subjects and people than he would completely reveal.

Smart guy, you could tell very smart.

Not because of his fights but for other reasons he added weight to this place, legitimacy, dare I call it a form of street cred for life.

We need this thread over on the OG also, as many people that focus on the OG interacted with him as well.

RIP

9 Likes