RETO MAXIMO VI Oct. 24 in TJ, MEX!

Here is a sample video from Reto Maximo

http://www.socalpankration.com/SCP_ADs/samp_video.html

Last evening I confirmed:

Tony Garcia 165 (1 - 2) Beverly Hills Jiu-Jitsu, CA VS
Josh Gaskins 165 (2 - 1) Millennia Jiu-Jitsu, CA

Confirmed matchups to date:

Ivan Sanchez 135 (0 - 0) Power Gym, Mexico VS Von Schmidt 138 (0 - 0) Todd Medina Fight School, CA.

Joey Alvarado 150 (3 - 0) La Raza/Machado BJJ, CA. VS Josh Smith 150 (3 - 1) Next Generation, CA.

Tony Garcia 165 (1 - 2) Beverly Hills Jiu-Jitsu, CA. VS Josh Gaskins 165 (2 - 1) Millennia Jiu-Jitsu, CA.

Angel Santibañez 170 (4 - 5) Power Gym, Mexico VS Stacy Hakes 170 (3 - 4) Pounders Fight Center, AZ

Emmett Olvera 180 (1 - 2) T. Medina Fight School, CA. VS Chris Dawson 185 (0 - 0) Rick Lucero FightworX, CA.

Eddy Lazaro 195 (0 - 0) Ultimate Fighting Center, Mex VS Joel Luis 200 (0 - 0) Team De Fiant, CA.

Cedric Marks 180 (5 - 7) San Diego Bull Pen, CA. VS Greg Bell 180 (3 - 2) American Top Team, FL.

Brandon “King” Watson 200 (0 - 0) NBK Fight Team, CA. VS Don Rocco 205 (1 - 0) FightworX & Jiu-Jitsu de Brazil, CA.

Hector Figueroa 220 (3 - 3) Academia Defensa Total, MEX. VS Guy Scott 225 (2 - 1) Joe Moreira BJJ, CA.

In the process of confirming 3 to 4 additional sensational matchups.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Thanks Jason for supporting my card with your talent, as to all the fighters / teams that are taking part.

Looking to set your match hopefully today.

Tony Perez

TTT for Tony!!!

Pounders Fight Center Representin'

This is gonna' be a great night of fights!

All the fans, fighters, managers, sponsors, media, and pretty much everyone that graciously supports our efforts in promoting MMA in Mexico, based in my home town Tijuana, I believe deserve a note of clarification and brief explanation regarding activity here on coming October 24th. which should give light to general atmosphere.

Yes there are 2 events scheduled for the same day, October 24th, 2004 here in Tijuana.
Total Combat at Baby Rock and my event Reto Maximo at Tangaloo Club.

Competition is good where there is fair play, and I’m not interested in signaling the negatives of others but I am interested in not giving reason for the possibility of others to entertain a wrong impression of my work ethic.

Having two events on the same day in the same city is not desirable for me. I believe it divides in stead of multiplying.

I had originally planed Reto Maximo VI to happen on Sept. 17th. and announced that date in my last event here in Tijuana on June 27th. at Baby Rock. Although the fights were great the number was short and with another production of mine taking shape for Sept. 4th. in Rosarito Beach I decided to reschedule.

I’ve never been asked for an advance deposit on the rent to block and reserve a specific date in any of the venues that I’ve held my events including Señor Frogs, Tangaloo, Balak, and Baby Rock. The Friday following June 27th. I went to Baby Rock to pay my past event´s rent as agreed with the management and right there and then I was registered in their book for my next event now scheduled for October 10th.

A week prior to my Sept 4th. date in Rosarito I call Baby Rock in the morning as follow up and talk with the manager´s secretary, person that received my last event´s payment and booked me for my next event, and confirmed to me I had the date reserved to my name and event. I ask for the manager to touch on details and I´m asked to call back at 4:00 pm time of his arrival at the office. Call at 4:00 and he tells me…
Date is NO longer available to me. Competition was with him an hour earlier and put money down for October 10th. telling me that no other dates were open for me in October there.

Again, in the first week of July I reserved October 10th for Reto Maximo VI. No money down or requested.
Competition blocks the same day at same venue. Explanation of competition a couple days later…
a mistake.

Having fighters already committed to my next event I have to immediately look for another venue and date since I don’t want to clash. Both Balak and Tangaloo welcome my production and I incline towards Tangaloo with a more favorable deal. In that week leading to my upcoming inaugural show in Rosarito, Crown Fighting Championship, I start making a census both locally as with out side teams as far as preference for either Oct 17 or the 24th for Reto Maximo VI.
September 4th right after the last fight of my event and having consulted with supporting teams there I decide on scheduling October 24th and actually announced it right then through THE FIGHTGAME.TV as most probable date between the 17 or 24th. pending on confirmation of date availability at Tangaloo.

Guess what. Competition schedules in Baby Rock for Oct. 24th. as well.

I have my contract with Tangaloo now as well as my government event permit for October 24th. so it’s on.

This explanation was more volunteered on my part than asked for. Sincerely not into bad talking about others and I like to hold my own with out it but I’m definitely not into giving the slightest reason for the supporting public to think that I am stepping wrong. I’m definitely no “Angel” as a person but I do put my heart into this with the most integrity I’m capable of contributing to the sport.

On a personal level I’m no longer interested in cultivating friendship with my competition. Non the less
TC is a great show and hope they get their issues straight so we as promoters can multiply the support the MMA community has given us both in stead of dividing it. To each his own.

Tony Perez

Awaiting confirmation on:

Tim Carey 165-75 (4 - 1) Pounders Fight Center, AZ. VS

Ray Elbe 170 (8 - 8) IFA MMA, AZ.

(Proposed matchup)

Also awaiting confirmation on:

Mac Danzig 170 (5 - 2 - 1) Millennia Jiu-Jitsu, CA. VS
Jason Chambers 175 (15-3-1) 10th. Planet Jiu-Jitsu, CA.
(Proposed matchup)

Stay tuned for news!
Tony

Mac aginst Jason... wow... that'll be a good matchup!

Mac vs. Jason...That would be a GREAT match up!

Please put Carey vs Elbe. It will be a good match up. Carey looked good against Robert maldano and I was impressed with him. Elbe is a good submission guy and finds ways to pull off the sub. Good matchup and Good Luck to Stacy Hakes.

Henry Salas 260 (0 - 0) T. Medina Fight School, CA. VS Andre Tabbah 260 (0 - 0) Ruff House / Anger Mgnt, AZ.

Confirmed.

ttt

oops, double post

The "Soul Stealer" has hit the nail on the head.

Ray Elbe vs "Terrible" Tim Carey Would be an anction packed fight without a doubt.

Stacy's opponent is not as experienced on the ground as his last couple of opponents so look for KO or TKO in that match (don't know which one but somebody will)

Tim has won 3 out of 4 by submission. He would like to throw down, but he is very capable on the ground.

I heard Ray has been working on his hands too.

I see a three round war in this one.

Any idea who i am fighting? I have heard several names? Mac? Ray?

Looking forward to twisten' somebody.

Tim Carey VS Ray Elbe is ON!!!

Tony Perez

Hi Jason. I have you in a proposed match vs. Mac Danzig.
Just got word from Eddie Bravo's end that it's OK on your part. Thanks. I'm still awaiting response from Mac. I told him about this matchup a couple days back. Had him originaly facing one of my guys in Mexico, Akbarh Arreola, in a rematch but Akbarh is in immigration process and can't commit. Then I set him up Vs. Tim Carey and he was focusing on him so he asked for a couple days to let me know. Just left him a message and I'm expecting his call anytime now. I hope it goes through and set you as the main event of the night.

Thanks again for your support bro.
Tony

Tim is so excited. He respects Ray and is honored to fight him. He looks forward to giving the fans a great show. Ray is a two time KOTC veteran with over 20 fights. He is a good submission guy and will stand and trade. Man this card is going to be good.

Jason vs Mac is a great main event.

TTT for a great card. guys from Medina, Brennan, Bravo, Machado, Mckee, Vasquez, Arum, Morriera and more...

TTT for Tony!!!

Tell Mac I look forward to our fight.