reverse sumigaeshi

Hey refs here. Does this qualify as head diving?
I could not find a judo pic, but it is basically this without the kneebar.

http://www.bjj.org/techniques/thetechniques/samboKneebar/

Tomas

Hard to be absolutely certain from still pictures but it appears that you are rolling across your shoulder. I don't think this would be called as a dive.

There is a whole discussion on this technique from 2 weeks ago entitled "Is the Victor Nage Legal" I'll ttt for you.

Legal, unless you do a head dive or the knee bar to finish.

I'd be VERY careful doing this, though, as some refs will call it as a head dive no matter what.

Also, if uke resists much, you may get face planted or do an involuntary head dive because of the resistance.

Ben R.

Legal, unless you do a head dive or the knee bar to finish.

I'd be VERY careful doing this, though, as some refs will call it as a head dive no matter what.

Also, if uke resists much, you may get face planted or do an involuntary head dive because of the resistance.

Ben R.

Looks like a counter to a single leg. I remember using a similar technique when wrestling. If you try that in judo you'd better have great control. If not you'll stay on your back and probably pinned if playing with even a 1/2 way decent judoka.

I wonder how that would work no-gi in competition...seems like you wouldn't have enough control.

Sothy you need a wizzer to do it no gi.

updog wrote:"it's not going to work ..... "

You mean no gi or gi?

The one I do doesn't use a whizzer, and it works (with a gi).

Like anything, it doesn't work all the time.

Ben R.