Reversible Judo Gis

I was considering ordering a reversible judo gi from budovideos, but wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=31479&cat=319&page=1

For example, does the blue fabric bleed into the white fabric and create a baby-blue gi on the white side?

How hot is it? I live in Phoenix, so that might be a factor.

Thanks for your responses.

The big issue with reversible gi's is the fact that they are very unsanitary. Basically don't plan on using it for Shiai. The problem is that you wear the thing and get all sweaty and then turn it inside out and now your opponent, and the mats, have to deal with your sweat getting all over everything. You are basically taking away any protection the gi was providing everyone else from your sweat.

I would not reccomend a reversible gi for the hygeine reasons stated above. I am not sure about the color bleeding but I could definitely see that as being an issue as well. 

I personally am not worried about hygiene, but I have heard that many of the reversible gis do bleed eventually. The cheaper the gi, the faster the bleed, it seems.

Don't you generally tend to sweat through your gi anyway? Mine is pretty soaked by the end of practice. And I don't have overly active sweat glands or anything.

JudOWNED - Don't you generally tend to sweat through your gi anyway? Mine is pretty soaked by the end of practice. And I don't have overly active sweat glands or anything.

I am only repeating what I have heard others say in the past. I am pretty sure I also heard that some tournaments have started to ban reversible gi's for the whole hygeine thing. I am about 90% sure I have heard rumors of this happening but there is a 10% chance I just made that up. 

Basically, if you are planning on using the gi for shiai I would do some research to make sure reversibles are allowed. 

Thanks for the responses. I'll probably just buy a blue gi and wear it every other judo session.

That is the best. Someday you might compete in a tournament where both are required. Local tournaments just use the white/blue belt system. I alternate my blue gi/white gi every other practice. The blue gi's need a lot of initial washing to get rid of that new look.

The idea of a resversible gi sounds sketchy to me too. 

Hmm, I got one, I like it so far - material is very thick, the cut fits me much better than my other judo gis. Way cheaper than the reversible bjj gi's also.

They also send you two pairs of pants which is nice, because Im always losing that stupid drawstring.

I might never use it to compete though - I just thought it would be fun to own.