Ricco is scared of Mir

Ricco is underrated by many. Watch his fights against Randy and Arlovski to see a very skilled big guy who has big heart. He did mostly out-gas and out-size Randy, but he had to survive until Randy did, and a gassed Randy is still no pushover.

Ricco vs Mir is a fight I'd love to see, for the title of UFC Heavyweight groundfighting king.

I've been reviewing a lot of HW for the GP next Sunday and one thing I've noticed more than before is how uncomfortable Ricco is on the feet. Watch how he flinches and has trouble dealing with punches thrown to his face. He's decent in the clinch due to his strength, good but somewhat slow on the ground (watch him unable to submit Hallman in ADCC!), and very awkward in a "boxing" mode. He really does possess the proverbial glass jaw.

I think Mir is green on the feet but has a chin (Freeman pounded him before he was finally dazed), is willing to engange and if he focused on boxing he could KO Ricco. With that said, Arlovski would destroy Mir, he's in another league at this point IMO.

True, unknown and underrated are different. Let me rephrase my question:

How can you "underrate" an ex-champion of the world?

You better give him all the respect and "rating" in the world or you're in for a world of hurt.

LOL at Mir being able to beat Rizzo. Rizzo would break his jaw standing, and Mir would never get him to the ground. If Pedro slipped on a banana peel and Mir ended up on top of him, then what? He couldn't do jack to Wes Simms, he's certainly not going to do anything to a guy who's been training with Ruas for like 10 years.

Ricco put on awsome performances vs Couture and Nog, 2 of the best MMA fighters on earth.

Ricco dominated Randy and in my mind dominated Nog.

ground game belongs to ricco. wrestling belongs to ricco. conditioning belongs to ricco. the only edge mir has is in the striking dept. and that is a slight one. hats off to mir for winning his fights but i feel he will be exposed again very soon.

People don't want to believe that Ricco is as good as he is cause he is always telling people. You want to see Ricco lose cause he ain't humble. But even if he ain't humble he is a tough bastard.

He will have trouble getting 1st place cause of his chin like someone mentioned but definitaly top 5.

"Mir better improve his striking"

Actually that was all he had that looked good in his last fight. That combo he finished with was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately I doubt he could throw more than five strikes before gassing.

As big an ass as Ricco has been at times in interviews, he would still EASILY beat Mir.

Ricco has a weakness against people who can defend takedowns and are hard hitters. That's really about it if you review his record. Mir has trouble against the same type of people, it is just that Mir isn't as good at BJJ or wrestling as Ricco is. Neither is going to KO each other, so it comes down to "fat" "arrogant" "underrated" "overrated" "asshole" "tito-wannabe" or whatever else you want to call him Ricco BEATING Mir.

Mind you, I still don't think that Ricco is on track to be a champion again. He use to travel the world just training, he doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

For example, Ricco beat Arlovski! But now, I see Arlovski KOing Ricco (as Arlovski can now stop Vlady's, etc. takedowns).

I think Mir has a chance to KO Ricco. He KO'd Wes Sims, so I think standing Mir might have the advantage.

I am scared of Mir

"You better give him all the respect and "rating" in the world or you're in for a world of hurt."

i totally agree, thats my point... but if you put up a ricco rodriguez thread you'll probably see him ripped to pieces by the "educated" UG... i mean, he stopped randy and more than held his own with nog but lost in an ugly way to sylvia and thats all people remember.

I don't think UFC will set this up, I think Ricco would beat Mir probably get a tko/stoppage.

I would like to see the fight....

why does everyone think that ricco will own mir on the ground

ricco is good on the ground and he subbed mino in adcc but he didnt do that when they fought in pride. I think mir could definateley hold his own, if anything (expecting mir to have better cardio)it would go to decision.