Ringworm

A ton of guys will be buying Vagisil tomorrow at the drug store.

djdb no biggie, I understand, I am the same way. I am working on getting it sold through various places including this website. I just got the rights to sell it a week ago, so it wont be long.

bishop 22 you can buy it on the internet or directly from the company that produces it: www.kennedyindustries.com

It is very expensive to ship because it is an aerosol Costs about 6 bucks at ups. Average cost is about 18 bucks a can. My recommendation is to get a case for your gym and split it amongst everyone.

If you want, email me, I will email kennedy industries, and will get you a discount. Wont be a huge discount, but every little counts.

billy-boy: swimmers ear is a very different problem then ringworm. Swimmers ear occurs when your ear canal gets very moist or irritated (via qtips). Your doctor has a very good remedy. The way to prevent swimmers ear is to keep the canal very dry. Medicines prescribed to PREVENT ringworm dry out the canal, such as the acetic acid in vineagar, we also prespcribe boric acid/alcohol solution. Although this can treat mild infections, usually we have to upgrade from there when there is a serious infection. The apple cider component is probably to make sure you dont run around smelling like vineagar. You are right about drug companies and studies. There are some alternative medicine journals that present these kind of studies that are funded by universities and government grants.

As far as ringworm goes

CHECK OUT MY EBAY LISTING FOR KENSHIELD

"& I'd be a thousand times more leery of purchasing medical products from a chat group stranger than I would simply taking advice from one. Sorry, pbolger. "

I can vouch for Paul. He is an emergency room doctor that is VERY knowledgeable! He is also a member of the Miletich gym. I would highly recommend ordering from him.

Hope to see you soon Paul! :)

Thanks alot Ron. We just started using it at our gym. Anyone know Spencer Fisher can ask him. He is obsessive about it.

Who is this Spencer Fisher guy that you speak of? He sounds like he might be a real interesting character! ;) lol

Tastes like chicken....

I have another question for pbolger. I am still not sure it is ringworm. I was just wondering if I should just assume it is and start treating it. I wanted to know if I put an antifungral cream on it, and it turns out to be something else, it is possible that it will damage the skin or make another type of rash worse? I am not 100% sure it is ringworm , but I just assumed so because it is so common at my gym.

ttt

Antifungal isn't going to hurt you. The pill can cause liver damage, though, so don't take it unless it's absolutely necessary, e.g. ringworm covers a large section of your body.

If it's ringworm shaped, i.e. a growing ring, there's not much else it could be. If it's rashy, i.e. several blotchy spots, then it's probably something else.

-r

Im with djdb on this one. DJDB some college, self employed, and lots of knowledge? Props.

After doing some research in dermatology and infectious disease texts I learned a few things about the dreaded worm...

The fungus is not only transmitted by direct skin contact but also by the scales that are shed from your skin.

The worm can live on shed skin for about a month. To me this explains why you can get it from dirty mats.

There is possibly a role for people who carry around the fungus and dont even know it, giving it to others. I suspect there are a few around our gym....right BJLLZ?

Ringworm will often go away by itself if left alone. That explains to me the different theories like vagisil, urine, rubbing the stool of a red cardinal from northern illinois, sleeping with a virgin maiden from brasil. Please dont use this as an excuse not to treat because if it progresses you will look like ass.

Your skin will still look red and raised about a week after the fungus is dead. But these texts suggest you treat for about a week after that...so treat until its completely gone but dont get discouraged if it doesnt seem to go away after a week.

Grappling with active worm is selfish, inconsiderate, and will make your schlong fall off or your bresteses schrivel.

If you got it on several spots you may need to take the pill. Not birth control pills.

The older pills were the ones that caused liver damage. Lamisil pills rarely causes liver damage and is the first line therapy for bad worm.

Ringworm is worse for my sex life than Lamisil is for my liver.

Reading about the worm can make you itch for hours.

Reading about the worm makes you apply lamisil to every red bump on your skin.

What should you do if you get it in your hair (scalp)?

jjd, Ringworm on the head is treated with pills, although if it were me I would add a selson blue or fostex shampoo. Scalp ringworm sucks because you lose your hair and everyone can see it. Hard to lie and call it something else on your scalp. Its called Tinea capitis. No bleach on your head please. If you are african american or it gets real inflamed it can be a little more complicated.

- whats the problem. i have been on the mats my whole life, and not only was i one of the best in pa but the us also. grow some nuts and some worm. it is now a part of your life and a valuable power source if channeled properly.

We keep posting about getting rid of worm, yet I keep getting junk mail about how to grow my worm. Maybe vagisil is the answer? d1anger...stop channeling your worm.