RIP Coach Follis

Great guy and a UGer … he came up and introducedd himself to me at a FCC in VEGAS years ago telling me he was a fan of mine on MMA.tv. I was like, "your the one I should be approaching, not the othe r way around. He was so humble. Took us out for drinks afterwards. This is horrible horrible news.

I also didn’t know he had been depressed. I wish he would have told more people, he was a legend in the corner

Sorry to everyone that’s effected by this. Depression sucks and i hate that people can feel that awful that ending life feels like the only answer… shouldn’t be that way…

Boner McGregor -
Media Monster -

.. I'm reading it was a self inflicted gunshot would. 

I’ve heard the same but didn’t say until it was official. Terrible :(

I'm sure if it were something else, we would have heard by now. That said, to me the method doesn't really change things. I see it like dying because of an illness. It's just that this illness is in the brain, and not apparent to everybody, at a glance.

Man that sucks, that’s horrible if it’s true, he lead the careers of so many great fighters.

Can't say I knew him well but I used to go into team quest often in Gresham with my artwork, and Robert was always a real class act. So friendly, and I've never seen or heard anyone say an unkind thing about him. Hard to fathom that someone who was such a great motivator could not get past his own personal demons. RIP Robert

He ‘liked’ my posts a few times on Facebook  and I would feel like a giddy schoolboy. Huge loss to the MMA community. May his memory be Eternal. 

Sad. Old school guy. R.i.p. 

RIP, very sad, best wishes for everyone.

I posted in the other thread about Robert a few weeks back that I had trained with and been around him many, many times.  I moved from LV to Indy a couple years ago but made it a point to go say hello to him when I visited last March.  He greeted me with a hug and acted like we were long time best friends.  

This news makes me incredibly sad.  Robert simply made the world a better place.  To hell with ability as a trainer which was brilliant.  He was a 100x better person than trainer.  

This is really, really brutal news.  

Rest In Peace Robert.  This sucks.  

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Boner McGregor -
Media Monster -

.. I'm reading it was a self inflicted gunshot would. 

I’ve heard the same but didn’t say until it was official. Terrible :(

I'm sure if it were something else, we would have heard by now. That said, to me the method doesn't really change things. I see it like dying because of an illness. It's just that this illness is in the brain, and not apparent to everybody, at a glance.

A sad but good point not considered enough......it truly is a sickness and not "weakness" at all.....

Rest In Peace.

I knew him. Great guy & coach. RIP

Super sad. RIP

MMA lost a good man. My condolences to his family and friends.

I don’t know how to post a picture but he took about 45 minutes of his time to talk to me at a charity event. I told him I had just moved to Vegas and didn’t know anyone. He welcomed me with open arms and gave me his cell phone number and said if I ever wanted to train or just have a friend to give him a shout. Such a good guy. Such sad news. My heart goes out to his family. RIP to a good human.

JoeMimic - 

Can we get a mod to sticky this?

R.I.P.

TheThrill - damn, RIP

Oh my god.... this is so sad!!!!

he just left my gym Xtreme couture!  I hope he wasn't depressed because of it!  This is so ducking sad I'm in shock.  Follis was the man.. he introduced me to everyone at XC when I came to town Feb 2014!    I can't believe this... I haven't trained or seen him in about 6 months!!!

CaptainNemo -
JoeMimic - 

Can we get a mod to sticky this?

R.I.P.

This sticky please!!! 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743171-robert-follis-head-coach-at-xtreme-couture-parts-ways-with-gym

i was just thinking of XC and Robert Follis this week too!  I heard it was a possible suicide I am so heartbroken for his family and close friends!  Eric at XC and him were so close!   I really hope it was a medical condition and not suicide, either way this is crazy.  MMA lost an amazing coach who has flown under the radar for the past 20 years!!!

Dang. I've seen that face so many times, but never knew his name to his face. He must have cornered many different fighters loads of times.