RIP Don Banville

So sad.
Don was my first instructor. I learned a ton from him. He was an incredible teacher. Phone Post

RIP

RIP

RIP. What happened exactly?

My first instructor, promoted my first fight as well and cornered me numerous times.

Sad circumstances. RIP Don Phone Post

Rip Phone Post

bros, this is depressing

Rip. He had been around a long time. Pioneer.

R.I.P.

RIP. What happened? Phone Post

TexDeuce - RIP. What happened? Phone Post

Sad to say, suicide. Phone Post

That's sad.

I must say, I didn't ever meet Don. But I do know that his leg locks filtered into the NE grappling curcuit in the early days, and caused a very respected BJJ school in Mass to frantically develop ways to defend the "flying leglock".

Much respect. Anyone know his bjj/grappling lineage? The leglocks his student's were catching people with, were a nightmare to defend.

RIP Phone Post

RIP.

What is going on w everyone passing on lately!

My heart is already broken from losing a close friend and training partner late last week

My heart goes out to him and his close friends and family Phone Post

RIP Phone Post

OMA (tm) - What is going on w everyone passing on lately!

My heart is already broken from losing a close friend and training partner late last week

My heart goes out to him and his close friends and family Phone Post

Im sorry bro stay strong Phone Post

I trained with Don for over a year and lost touch with him last winter. A leg lock savant and a good man. I feel like a tool for falling out of touch. RIP brother

Sad Sad news just found this out today...

Don was also my first BJJ instructor instructor 14 yrs ago back in 1998 at the old mills in Fall river... very very good at no gi and legs locks a pioneer for sure.... I remember training with Pomfret, Santos, Lawler, Lauzon, Mahoney, Simmler and lots of other good guys that made a decent life from MMA/BJJ having Don himself or somehow Don's lineage involved... he had some demons on his life that he had to deal with but sadly they took him from this life...

Don Banville RIP buddy I still remember that flying heel hook that you showed us long long time ago that we named "The Banville"

I sure will miss you... no hard feelings man...

Leo Gocking

old JBA student...

Osssss!!!

RIP